This Sunday's Super Bowl match between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants is going to be a big game.
A big game deserves game winning food. Will the food you serve at your football get-together score big?
Patch wants to see your game worthy recipes. Submit your recipes for Super Bowl parties and show us what you will be making.
Here's how you can share your Super Bowl recipes with us:
- Comment in the comments section below this story
- Blog for Patch!
- Write on our Facebook wall
- Email your recipe with photos Courtney.Jansson@patch.com
Check out below a few of your neighbors' recipes:
Spinach Artichoke Dip submitted by Mark Bishop:
- Kosher salt
- 2 10-ounce bags spinach, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, squeezed dry and roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in the spinach and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze out the excess moisture, then finely chop.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until the onion is soft, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan and sour cream. Return the pot to medium heat. Add the spinach, cheddar and artichokes and stir until the cheese melts and the dip is heated through. Serve warm with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.
Famous Hot buffalo Chicken Dip submitted by Karen Wheatley:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped ( I use 1 package of Perdue original grilled chicken strips
- 1/3 cup frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Celery sticks
- Crackers or tortilla chips
In medium bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce . add mayo, green onion, lemon juice and cheddar. Spread into greased shallow baking dish ( a pie plate is fine), and sprinkle with blue cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 2-25 minutes til bubbly. Serve with celery and crackers/chips.