Sunday, December 30, 2012
Foxborough and Mansfield Engines respond.
A plow struck the Stop and Shop on Main Street in Foxborough according to the Mansfield Fire Department, at about 3 a.m. on Sunday. The crash resulted in a gas leak, according Mansfield Fire, and the Foxborough Fire company and the local gas company secured the leak with no resulting complications. Mansfield Firefighters ventilated the supermarket and the surrounding area. According to the Mansfield Fire Department, there was no other resulting damage and the leak was contained and mediated.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Three people were removed safely from the fire.
Updated at 11:40 p.m. The Mansfield Fire Department responded to a three-alarm structure fire on 148 Chauncy St. Three occupants of the residence were trapped by the blaze and soon rescued. Mansfield Fire and Police personnel safely rescued the three people from the third floor of the building. One occupant on the first floor got out of his or her own power, and one pet was safely rescued from the fire. Mansfield Fire Chief Neil Boldrighini said that the fire was extremely hazardous, and the occupants were in a considerable amount of danger. "There was heavy fire showing when our guys got here," he said. The fire is out and and recovery teams are still working the scene as of 11:20 p.m. Boldrighini said that when the first responders …
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Surrounding area fire departments called in for extra support to fight fire at Miller Recycling Plant in Mansfield.
Updated at 3:54 p.m. on Wed. The Mansfield Fire Department battled a four alarm fire broke out at the paper recycling plant on 73 Plymouth St. in Mansfield Tuesday night. Fire Chief Neal Boldrighini said on Wednesday that the invesitgation as come to the conclusion that this was an accidental fire. Apparently, the pallets which hold the recycled paper hold the paper together with metal strips. These containers are not supposed to scrap the ground, but Boldrighini said this time it did, and the resulting sparks from the friction are what started the fire. He added that this is a common occurance in the three such facilities in Mansfield, and was apparently the cause of the fire in Jan. at the same location. Boldrighini said that as of 12:12…