Thursday, June 14, 2012
After being on the road to start the season, the Foxboro American Legion baseball team will be playing at home tonight.
1. The Foxboro Legion Baseball team will be playing its home opener tonight against Norwood at 5:45 p.m. 2. The Burrell School will be holding its field day today for kindergarten. Good luck to all the competitors and have fun. 3. A lot of talent will be on the stage tonight at the Ahern School as the annual variety show is being held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. 4. The Taylor School wll be holding its field day Friday. 5. It is going to partly cloudy, according to weather.com, with a high of 71.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
It should be fun time tonight at the Igo School with the family picnic.
1. The Blue Hills Brewery Dinner will be tonight at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro at Patriot Place at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $65. There will be a three course meal with desserts and hors d'oeuveres. 2. The Igo School Family Picnic will be tonight from 6-8 p.m. 3. The Burrell PTO meeting will be tonight at 7 p.m. 4. The Foxboro American Legion Baseball team is scheduled to play its first home game of the season Thursday night against Norwood in a 5:45 p.m. start. 5. There will be rain today in the morning, followed by cloudy in the afternoon, according to weather.com.
Friday, June 1, 2012
The Burrell Elementary School students will be presenting "Seussical Jr."
The Burrell Elementary School is in its final preparations for their annual third and fourth grade play production, “Seussical Jr.” Fifty-five third and fourth graders have been practicing their lines, songs and dance numbers for a couple of months now and they will be ready for opening night on June 1. "Seussical Jr." is an all ages show that musically brings to life your favorite Dr. Seuss characters such as Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, Gertrude McFuzz and Layzie Bird Mayzie, Jo-Jo the imaginative child and all the Whos from Whoville. Show times are Friday, June 1 at 7 p.m., Saturday, June 2 at 6 p.m. and Sunday, June 3 at 1 p.m. Performances will be held in the Burrell School Auditorium. Tickets are $4 each. Please …
Thursday, May 31, 2012
The Foxborough High National Honor Society will holding a car wash Saturday at town hall from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1. The Burrell School will be putting on Seussical Jr. Friday, June 1 at 7 p.m., Saturday, June 2, at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. Tickets are $4. 2. Saturday, the National Honor Society is holding a car wash at town hall for a fundraising event from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 3. Both the Foxborough High boys' and girls' tennis teams will be home for the Division 2 South tournament. The boys will host Dedham Friday at 1 p.m., while the girls are the No. 1 seed in Division 1 and drew a bye. They will play either Biship Stang-Fontbonne in the first round Saturday at 3:30 p.m. 4. Xaverian High School is holding Reunion 2012 for all classes ending in 2's and 7's Saturday, June 2. There is still time to sign up for the reunion. Go to www.xbhs.com/…
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Foxborough High Student Council banquet will be held tonight at 6 p.m.
1. The Sage School Theater Company will be presenting "Suessical Jr." at Foxboro Orpheum Theatre, Friday at 7 p.m. 2. The initial findings of the Foxborough Master Plan will be shown Thursday at McGinity Room in the Foxborough Public Safety Building. Registration is at 6:30 p.m. 3. The Foxborough High Student Council will be holding its banquet tonight at FHS at 6:30 p.m. 4. Kindergarten screening is going on all day the Burrell School and from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Igo School today. 5. It will a high of 77 today with p.m. showers with a low of 59.
The Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center at Bridgewater State University recognized Foxborough students for the awareness in regards to bullying.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
(Submitted by Amy Berdos, Foxborough Assistant Superintendent of Schools) This week's Foxborough School Committee's Teaching and Learning Highlight featured several award winning students from the Burrell and Taylor Elementary Schools along with students from the Ahern Middle School who were recognized for their recent Bullying Awareness Awards presented by the Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center (MARC) at Bridgewater State University. As part of the MARC contest, students in the elementary grades were asked to respond by poem or poster to an assigned grade level bullying question. In grade 3 students responded to "Bullying isn't always hitting. What other kinds of bullying do you see at your school?" and fourth graders responded …
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
What's going on today in Foxborough.
1. The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will be meeting at town hall at 7 p.m. 2. The Grade 7 Band, Chorus and Grade 7-8 Orchestra Concert will be performing at the Ahern School at 6:30 p.m. 3. The Foxborough High baseball team will be hosting Catholic Memorial at 4 p.m. 4. "We Love Our Teachers Week" is taking place at the Burrell School this week. 5. The weather for today is showers with a high of 75 and a low of 60.
Monday, May 21, 2012
The Foxborough School Committee will be meeting tonight.
1. The Foxborough School Committee will be meeting at the high school media center at 7 p.m. 2. "We Love Our Teachers Week" will be starting at the Burrell School today. 3. The Foxborough High baseball, boys' tennis and softball teams will be at Oliver Ames today for 3:30 p.m. contest. 4. The Foxborough High girls' tennis team will be at home against Oliver Ames at 3:30 p.m. 5. Today's weather is calling for a high temperature of 63 with a low of 50 with p.m. showers expected.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Don't forget to plan to go to the Foxboro Jaycees' Spring Craft Fair Saturday.
!. The Foxboro Jaycees' Spring Craft Fair is Saturday, May 19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Foxboro Town Common. Admission is free. 2. The Foxborough High National Honor Society banquet will be held Thursday from 5-8:30 p.m. 3. The Burrell, Taylor and Igo Schools will be holding a kindergarten meet and greet from 6:30-7:30 p.m. tonight. 4. The Hockomock League Outdoor Track and Field Championships will be at Oliver Ames in Easton this year. The field events will be Wednesday, while the running will take place Thursday. 5. Rain is expected today with a high of 70, so bring the umbrella.