The divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins this weekend in Seattle when the Seahawks host the New Orleans Saints at 4:35 p.m. Saturday. Locally, the New England Patriots host the Indianapolis Colts Saturday night at Gillette Stadium. Kick-off in Foxborough is scheduled for 8:15 p.m.
Patriots fans hoping for another AFC Championship game in Foxborough will be tuning in Sunday to cheer on the San Diego Chargers against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos while fans wanting to see a Brady-Manning showdown with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line will be favoring the Broncos.
Of course, in either scenario, the Patriots need to knock off the the Colts to advance.
On the NFC side of the playoff bracket, the Saints travel to Seattle Saturday afternoon (kick-off is 4:40 p.m.). On Sunday, the San Francisco 49ers take on the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte (kick-off is 1:05 p.m.) prior to the Broncos-Chargers showdown at 4:40 p.m.
Winners of divisional round weekend will move one step closer to playing in Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey on Sunday, Feb. 2.
If you plan to tune in locally to this weekend’s playoff action then stop by one of these places in Foxboro to watch the game(s):
- CBS Scene at Patriot Place: Join CBS Scene this weekend to watch the Divisional Round.
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill Stop by Toby Keith's to watch the games on one of 50 HDTV monitors.
- Bar Louie at Patriot Place: Watch the games on HDTVs located around the bar.
- Waxy O’Connor’s: Catch all the action from divisional match-ups on one of the many HDTVs located inside this authentic Irish establishment.
- Ninety-Nine Restaurant: Watch the games on HDTVs located around the bar.
- Jake n Joes - Watch the games on HDTVs in the dining area or at the bar.
AFC and NFC Divisional Round Games
- New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks (4:35 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, on FOX)
- Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots (8:15 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, on CBS)
- San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers (1:05 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on FOX)
- San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos (4:40 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on CBS)