Foxborough High School graduate Emily McGowan will have some extra funds when she arrives at UMass Amherst to start her first college semester thanks to a scholarship from Rockland Trust.
McGowan was one of 10 college-bound students and one Dean College student to receive a $2,500 scholarship from the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation. Scholarships given totaled $27,500 are awarded based on academic achievement, community involvement, character and financial need.
The scholarships were presented to the following students:
- Emily McGowan, Foxboro High School, attending UMass Amherst
- Angela Henault, Bellingham High School, attending Bridgewater State University
- Annie McDougall, Franklin High School, attending UMass Boston
- Evan Richards, Learning Prep School, Newton, attending Massasoit College
- David Landy, Medfield High School, attending UMass Amherst
- Lauren Jacobs, Milford High School, attending Suffolk University
- Neha Jain, Newton North High School, attending Rochester Institute of Technology
- Samantha Richard, Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School, attending the University of New England in Biddeford, Maine
- Samantha Lackeyram-Owen, Waltham High School, attending University of Maine at Farmington
- Alma Lopez Sanchez, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School, attending Babson College
- Sean Morris, student at Dean College
The scholarship program was established in 2005 to benefit college-bound high school students in the Metro West region. Through the program, Rockland Trust promotes the importance of education by assisting families with the cost of sending their children to school.
About the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation
The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation serves the communities of Bellingham, Blackstone, Foxboro, Franklin, Hopedale, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Newton, Norfolk, Waltham, and Wrentham. The Foundation focuses on four primary areas: education, health and human services, youth programs and community development in our service area. For information about the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation, please contact Jeanne Travers at 781-982-6637 or visit www.RocklandTrust.com.