SIGN THE PETITION to put a question on the 2014 ballot allowing citizens a chance to vote on the casino deal. Here’s why:
· The casino deal was written to benefit lobbyists, special interests and politicians who brought casino gambling to Massachusetts, not the public interest
· Casino operators received the privilege of a regional monopoly and avoided paying for all the social costs they bring with them. You’ll pay for their bill.
· Because casino revenues are unstable and declining, the resulting hole in government budgets will require new tax increases that impact everyone
· Government-promoted casinos, like those proposed here, have proven to be a failure and required taxpayer money to bail them out (Delaware most recently)
· The lobbyists misled the public about the salaries and quality of casino employment: most casino jobs pay very little and have high rates of turnover
· Three local casinos and a slots parlor are not sustainable for a region already oversaturated with casinos, evidenced by spiraling revenues in CT & RI
· Massachusetts voters have been denied an opportunity to cast a ballot on the statewide casino deal that impacts citizens in every community
Take Action and Get Involved
Who is Repeal the Casino Deal? We’re a volunteer, statewide coalition of public health, municipal, family, community, faith-based leaders and concerned citizens from all walks of life in Massachusetts. We want a voice and a vote on the bad deal that was passed to allow state government to promote casino gambling to citizens. Please help us collect signatures and donate today.
Our next signature drive in the Foxboro area will be on Saturday, October 19th from 8-10:30 AM at the Union Church in South Foxboro. Details at: http://foxborough.patch.com/groups/events/p/drivethru-signature-gathering-for-repeal-the-casino-deal...
For more information, visit: www.repealthecasinodeal.org or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 774-300-9288