Besides spending too much money, there should be no guilt over the holidays, right? Release yourself from harboring any sort of inner guilt and soak in what some local mom's have to say about their guilty pleasure sweets this holiday season. We can't stop there, read on for your quide to guilty pleasure reads, a hot on-demand GNI list and guilty pleasures for yourself.
After surveying Facebook mom’s about their guilty pleasures over the holidays almost everyone of them made a comment about somesort of edible treat! Here our local Real Mom’s Share their guilty pleasure sweets.
Guilty Pleasure Sweets from Real Moms
Anything chocolate! Though I couldn’t say I restrict that to only the holidays :-) - Jeannine Devey, Dorchester, MA
Hershey Kisses and M&M's - Jennifer Gagne Williams, Brockton, MA
Chocolate covered cherries! Cheesecake! Lots of sangria to cope with the relatives! - Kristyn Sarris DiBuono, Lundonderry, NH
Making and eating the Christmas cookies, egg nog (spiked or plain.) - Stephanie LaFond, Norwood, MA
Licking the bowl/spoon after making the Christmas cookies and buying myself a little something. ;) - Nicole Pignatiello Lewis, Medfield, MA
I have no guilt over the Holidays! - Martina Casey Spitzer, Medfield, MA
I don't cook any more. - Erin Teare Martin, Stoughton, MA
An extra glass of wine and letting the grandparents take over. - Adrienne Johnson, Richmond, VA
Champagne! Even if the bottle doesn't get finished. And watching Charlie Brown Christmas over and over. - Hope Joslyn
Next Up, having a list of hot guilty pleasure novels is helpful for the little gift givers in your life. I love this article Guilty Pleasures: Books for Moms who Loved 'Twilight' By Martha Brockenbrough MSN TV. She has some fabulous recommendations for Santa here!
Guilty Pleasure Reading for Mom's Holiday Wish List
- “Anna and the French Kiss,” by Stephanie Perkins
- "Fire" the second novel by Kristin Cashore
- "The Sky Is Everywhere" by Jandy Nelson
- "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver
Don’t we all dream of a guilty pleasure night in? Dad's at his work holiday party, kids are in bed early, and the television is all to yourself. Have your guilty pleasure on-demand flick list ready for when the opportunity presents itself.
Guilty Pleasure On Demand Night In
- Love Actually
- The Holiday
- It's Complicated
- Click for Blockbusters Girls Night In Movie List!
Lastly, Moms, while you are baking, buying, gifting and thinking of everyone else this holiday season be sure not to short change the person that really deserves it this time of year!
Guilty Pleasures for Yourself
- Buy a little something new for you from Target's Limited-Edition Dana Kellin Jewlery collection or snag one of Albertus Swanepoel's latest designer Kwele Hats to step up your inner fashionista. Only $19.99.
- Buy a new seasonal scented soy candle. Find a fabulous selection at NaturalScents.com.
- Download a fun holiday playlist from Pandora.
- Do most of your holiday shopping online.
- Book a sitter to get your hair and nails done.
- When you’re at the mall stop at Sephora and pick up a new lip gloss.
- Abandon the bottle of “Mommy’s Time Out" (we don’t need the reminder, do we?) and make it a true holiday with Martha Stewart's White Cosmopolitan. So easy to make, Cheers!