The Foxborough Cultural Council is pleased to announce the names of the organizations that have been awarded grant funds for the calendar year 2013:
- Ahern Middle School PAC - Diego Rivera Traveling Exhibit
- Children's Museum in Easton - Science Road Show
- Foxboro Music Association - Foxboro Music Assoc Fall Jazz Concert
- Honeywell, Donna Lee - America's Best Loved Duets
- Hunakai Studio of Fine Art - The Role of Creativity in the 21st Century
- Maichack, Gregory - Monet's Mirror: How to pastel paint "Water Lillies”
- Mass Audubon Soc. Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary - Big Night: A Celebration of Vernal Pools
- Neponset Choral Society, Inc. - 2012-13 Concert Season
- On Common Ground, Inc. - Second Annual Music Fest Live
- Root, John - Edible Perennial Gardening and Landscaping
- Un-Common Theatre Company, Inc. - Young Performers Production - Disney's Mulan Jr.
- Un-Common Theatre Company, Inc. - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
The Foxborough Cultural Council (FCC) would like to thank all organizations and individuals who submitted grant applications. The amount allocated to the FCC for 2013 was $3,871.
The FCC strives to inform individuals, schools and non-profit organizations in the town of Foxborough of grant funds available to support public programs promoting access, education diversity and excellence in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences.
Grants are awarded on the basis of financial need, community benefit and quality of the proposal.
Guidelines are available at the Town Hall, Boyden Library, and online at www.masssculturalcouncil.org. Residents interested in lending their time and talent to this committee can contact the Town Hall.
Community Input Required
Every three years, the FCC is required by state guideline to solicit community input as to how grant funding should be allocated locally. Paper surveys are available for completion at Town Hall. In addition, the FCC invites area residents to complete the survey at the following link to provide input: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KG6FVMD
Grant Workshop to Be Offered Sept. 10
For those individuals and organizations interested in learning more about the Foxborough Cultural Council and how to apply for grants, the FCC will be holding a Grant Application Workshop on Sept. 10th at 7 p.m. in the McGinty Conference Room of the Public Safety Building.
At this meeting, FCC members will explain the process of grant applications, including what forms are needed, how grants are approved, requirements for grant reimbursements, and timeframes for submissions.
Deadline for grant application submission for 2014 is Oct. 15th, 2013.