We have been fortunate in New England to be able to have hosted numerous championship parades in Boston over the past decade.
The is this Saturday, June 18 at 11:00 a.m. Whether the Bruins parade is your first championship celebration parade or your fourth, it is going to be a memorable day.
Below are a couple tips to keep in mind while you are gearing up for a day filled with Boston pride.
Bruins parade route:
- (Start) Causeway Street
- Left on Staniford Street
- Left on Cambridge Street
- Right on Tremont Street
- Right on Boylston Street
- End at Copley Square
The MBTA has added service for parade day:
- For the subway system, the MBTA will operate at near "rush hour" levels all day long, providing more frequent service before, during, and after the parade.
- Customers are urged to load value on their CharlieCard in advance to avoid long lines after the parade.
- North Station will be extremely busy. The MBTA recommends that fans think about using other stations in the downtown area such as Haymarket, Government Center, Park Street and Downtown Crossing.
- A special round trip commuter rail ticket will be available for $10.00 and can be purchased starting Friday morning at South, North and Back Bay Station. Additionally, tickets will be sold on board the train.
- Additional times may be added today. Here is the schedule for the Providence/Stoughton Line.
- Due to the parade route, a number of bus routes including the: 9, 10, 39, 43, 55, 92, 93, and 504 will be detoured as necessary.
- Green line shuttle replacement service between North Station and Lechmere will be detoured as necessary.
Parking Restrictions: Temporary parking restrictions will be put into effect. Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday" will be in effect in the following locations. Traffic will be banned along the parade route beginning at 9:00 AM through 1:00 PM.
Weather Forecast: Sunny, 80 degrees. Isolated thunderstorms may pop up after 11:00 a.m. Make sure to bring plenty of water with you. Hot weather combined with crowded areas, can lead to dehydration.
Can't make it into Boston for the Parade? Join CBS Scene Restaurant and Bar for a Parade Viewing Party at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. The rolling rally will be on over 135 HDTVs and their massive outdoor screen. Enter to win two tickets to the Bruins home opener next season! Free Appetizers from 10:00 a.m - noon!
*Information provided by the MBTA.