The following meetings and events will be held in Foxborough this week.
Monday, Oct. 22:
- Mansfield/Foxborough/Norton IMA Meeting, 6 p.m. at Mansfield Town Hall Meeting Room 2A/B: Representatives from Foxborough, Norton and Mansfield will meet to discuss the status of the Tri-Town Sewer project. The three towns will be updated on the status of legislation for the connection fee, status of Reilly property purchase and sale agreement and hold a discussion on draft regional district agreement. Each town is expected to give a community update and the towns will be working to schedule a timeline to finalize the district agreement for signature. To view the meeting’s agenda, click here.
- Foxborough Conservation Commission, 7 p.m. at Andrew Gala Meeting Room, Town Hall: Foxborough’s Conservation Commission will meet to discuss RFD, Route I-95, MassDOT – pavement resurfacing at 7:05 p.m. Also on the agenda for discussion is the Lincoln Hill property, Conservation rental property, Fairbanks property issues, update on Spring and North streets, revolving fund warrant article for Town Meeting, East Belcher Road composting area and Hersey Farm sub-license update.
- Foxborough Historical Commission, 7:30 p.m. at Memorial Hall: Foxborough’s Historical Commission will here from Town Historian Jack Authelet and discuss gifts and acquisitions. To view the commission’s agenda, click here.
Tuesday, Oct. 23:
- Foxborough Board of Assessors, 4:30 p.m. at Town Hall: The assessors will meet to approve and sign warrants, discuss new and old business and approve minutes from prior meeting.
- Foxborough Cultural Council, 6 p.m. at 151 South St.: The cultural council will meet to review previous minutes and review grant applications and evaluation criteria.
- Foxborough Music Association’s Fall Concert, 7 p.m. at Foxborough High School Auditorium: Foxborough’s Music Association will host its Fall Concert in the high school auditorium.
Wednesday, Oct. 24:
- Advisory Committee, 7 p.m. at Andrew Gala Meeting Room, Town Hall: The Advisory Committee will meet to discuss the Turf Field project Special Town Meeting Warrant article.
Thursday, Oct. 25:
- Planning Board, 7 p.m. at Andrew Gala Meeting Room, Town Hall: The Planning Board will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Thursday.
Friday, Oct. 26:
- Hockomock Area YMCA’s ‘Spooky Games’: The Hockomock Area YMCA invites Foxborough residents to enjoy a spooktacular evening on Friday, Oct. 26 to celebrate Halloween with the return of the Spooky Games. The event, which will be held in Foxborough at the Hocomock Area YMCA's Invensys Foxboro branch, 67 Mechanic St., from 6 to 8 p.m. will offer an obstacle course or jumpy house, face painting, tattoos, crafts, games, and healthy snacks. The night will conclude with a costume parade so participants are encouraged to dress in costume. This event is free and is open to YMCA members and non-members alike. The Foxborough branch will also be offering a family dinner option prior to the Spooky Games event for $4 per person starting at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call Erin Brennock at (508) 772-1306 or visit the YMCA's website at www.hockymca.org.
Saturday, Oct. 27:
- Foxborough Recreation Department’s Halloween Parade on the Common, 3:30 p.m. behind Town Hall: Foxborough’s annual Halloween parade is scheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. Participants will gather at the Town Hall parking lot at 3:30 p.m. and march – while trick-or-treating along the way - to Foxboro Common at 4 p.m. Those participating are encouraged to wear costumes. A post parade party is scheduled at the Igo Elementary School cafeteria. There will be prizes, goodie bags, refreshments and crafts. The event is free and open to all.
- Foxborough High School Powder Puff Football Game, 3 p.m. at Ahern Field: The Foxborough High School junior and senior classes will square off in the annual Powder Puff football game at Ahern Field from 3 to 5 p.m.