Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect More Rain with a High Near 59 Wednesday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers, mainly before 9 a.m. Patchy fog before 10 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 59. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
2. Happy Halloween, Foxborough!
It’s Halloween in Foxborough and children are encouraged to wear their costumes and trick-or-treat Wednesday around the neighborhoods. Fortunately, Halloween returns this year despite a second October storm in as many years that forced significant power outages in town. Despite Hurricane Sandy, Foxborough Police and Fire Chiefs said there were no safety issues in town that would prevent trick-or-treating from happening. Click here for more.
3. Hocomock Area YMCA Opens Doors to Neighbors without Power
The Hockomock Area YMCA will once again open its doors to people in the community who have lost power and are in need of a place to shower and charge their phones.
“We want to help our neighbors in our local communities who have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy," said YMCA President Ed Hurley. "In this spirit, we welcome area residents to our North Attleboro, Foxboro and Franklin Branches to take a hot shower and charge their cell phones during this difficult period."
Residents of area towns do not have to be YMCA members. Those interested in using the YMCA must simply present an ID and fill out a complementary guest pass.
The Hockomock Area YMCA facilities will be open free of charge as long as local families are without power. The YMCA hours are 5:15 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. For additional information, contact Invensys Foxboro Branch at (508) 543-2523 or go to hockymca.org.
4. School Resumes in Foxborough Wednesday
After two straight days with no school in Foxborough, Superintendent of Schools Debra Spinelli announced Tuesday morning that schools would be opening Wednesday. Click here to read more.
5. Patriot Place Events
The following events are happening at Patriot Place today:
- Bass Pro Shops - It's the Great Pumpkin: Join Bass Pro Shops for a safe and fun Halloween celebration. Enjoy free Trick or Treating, a free photo in the Peanuts Pumpkin Patch, Halloween crafts, prizes and more.
- Halloween at Showcase Cinema de Lux: The terrifying classic returns. Come see the movie Halloween at Showcase Cinema de lux.
- 3 to 4 p.m. - Kidsville Krafts: Join Kidville for free crafts and discounted playspace rates.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Mike Higgins to Tastings' Music Series.
- 9:30 p.m. - Walkin the line at I Love This Bar and Grill: Walkin the line brings years of experience with some of the best bands around and have opened for Country legends like Charlie Daniels, Lorrie Morgan, & Travis Tritt to name a few