Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Chance of Showers Tuesday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers, mainly before 9 a.m. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 46. West wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tuesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
2. Special Town Meeting is Tuesday at Foxborough High School
Foxborough’s Special Town Meeting will be held inside the Foxborough High School auditorium beginning at 7:30 p.m. To view the town’s STM warrant, click here. To view the Advisory Committee’s recommendations for the 13 proposed warrant articles, click here.
3. Patriots Charitable Foundation to Host Annual Children’s Holiday Party
More than 250 children in need from Salvation Army and community centers throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island will be in Foxborough Tuesday for the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation's 19th annual Children's Holiday Party.
These children will enjoy a special night full of food, fun and great memories as Patriots players, Pat Patriot and the Patriots cheerleaders will join them to play holiday-themed games, sign autographs and offer gifts from the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation.
The annual highlight of the event is “Wrap-A-Pat,” a game in which the children, working in teams, race to wrap Patriots players in holiday wrapping paper, bows and ribbons.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- Help the Foxborough Food Pantry at Old Navy: From now through Dec. 19 Old Navy will be collecting non-perishable food items to benefit the Foxborough Food Pantry. Help those in need this holiday season and make a donation today.
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Curious George at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday.
5. Foxborough High School Swimming to Open Season vs. North Attleboro
Foxborough High School’s swim team will host North Attleboro at 7 p.m. at Foxborough’s YMCA. Click here for full schedules.