The $550 million question being asked everywhere this week is what would you do if you won the Powerball jackpot Wednesday?
For the last two months, no one has been lucky to win the Powerball lottery.
So Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $500 million – the largest jackpot in Powerball history.
Powerball is pulled Wednesdays and Fridays and is played in 42 states, including Massachusetts and all six New England states.
According to Powerball, the odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 175 million. The odds of getting all 5 numbers and not the Powerball, earning $1 million, is 1 in 5 million.
We took to Facebook to see what Patch readers would do if they won $500 million. Here’s what they had to say:
- Moriarty's Fence Company: Pass out LOL.
- Patricia Ann: Buy a house in Foxborough and pay off my debt and put money away for my kids for college.
- Linda Murray: Buy an island, travel the world, and set up a charity for cancer patients and there families.
- Larry Smith: Buy a round for the house at Toby Keith's while we're playing there.
- Bill Bowman: Go see ThirtySix Red.
- Katherine Petitpas Flibotte: Smile a really big smile.....help those in need, and pay some bills off, buy something nice for my family. Most of all, thank God!
- Elaine Price Gildred: Everything
- Kris Perry Long: Honestly...the first thing that comes to mind is the victims of Sandy.
- Larry Smith: All kidding aside, I think the first thing I would do would be to take care of all my family and friends and ANYONE else that I think could use the help.
- Deborah A Stewart: Pay off my home. Take care of my children, college trust funds for the grandkids. Do all of the repairs on my home that are needed but can't afford. Then give some to charity. And finally allow my husband to retire. But I would still keep my teenie tiny house. Don't need much to be grateful.
- Donna Elder Richardson: My crazy purchase would be to reserve an entire cruise ship and invite my whole family, extended family and dear friends.
So Foxborough, we want to know … what would you do with $500 million? Tell us in the comments section!
Looking to buy a Powerball ticket? Click here for locations in Foxborough.