The town of Foxborough saw a decrease in the number of homes sold in September, according to data released this week.
The data, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, showed an 18 percent decline in September sales, from 11 to nine.
Year to date sales are down from 91 to 88.
Massachusetts had its third straight increase in home sales — up to 3,482 from 3,267 last year. This represents an almost seven-percent jump.
Warren Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement that the year-over-year comparison favors 2011.
"It's encouraging to see another month of sales increases," he said. "However, sales volume remains low because we are comparing to a period last year when sales dropped off after the tax credits expired."
"At this rate, it is almost certain that 2011 sales volume will be one of the slowest years in recent memory," he added.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover's September home sales fell sharply, from seven last year to two last month. Year to date sales are down 36 percent, from 47 to 30.
- Easton's September home sales jumped 66 percent year-over-year, from six to 10. The town's year to date sales are up 10 percent, from 78 to 86.
- Foxborough had an 18 percent decline in September sales, from 11 to nine, and year to date sales are down from 91 to 88.
- Mansfield saw its September home sales drop slightly, from nine to eight, while year to date sales are down, from 91 to 82.
- Medfield's September home sales declined from 11 to eight. Year to date sales are down nearly 12 percent, from 109 to 96.
- Norfolk had its year-over-year home sales remain steady at five for September. Sales for the year thus fare are down 25 percent, from 77 to 58.
- Norton's September sales went up a bit, from seven to nine, but sales for the year so far are down from 93 to 74.
- Norwood home sales were steady at 13 for both September 2010 and September 2011. Home sales for the year are down 11 percent, from 141 to 126.
- Plainville had a 250 percent jump in September home sales, from two last year to seven last month. Year to date sales are down from 44 to 42.
- Sharon saw its September home sales climb from 13 to 22, while year to date sales are up from 137 to 153.
- Stoughton's September home sales went up from 11 to 12, while year to date sales are down 13 percent, from 134 to 117.