Nomar Garciaparra will be back in Foxborough next week to host his annual winter hitting clinic for young baseball players at RBI Baseball Academy on Green Street.
“As always I’m excited to work with young players this winter at RBI,” Garciaparra said. “This clinic has been a part of my winter routine for the last 15 years. I’m looking forward to sharing my passion for hitting with young athletes that want to become better hitters and get an edge on their competition, I can’t wait to get started.”
The three-day clinic begins on Wednesday, Feb. 20 – during Foxborough’s winter vacation – and ends on Friday, Feb. 22 at RBI Baseball Academy. A morning session will take place from 9 a.m. to noon each day for athletes in grades 1-8.
The advanced hitting program for high school athletes will take place each day from 1 to 4 p.m. The clinic features professional instruction from Garciaparra and members of RBI Baseball Academy’s professional staff. The clinic also includes guest speakers, a professional hitting demonstration, professional team picture with Garciaparra and much more.
Other features of Grades 1-8 clinic include:
- Grade Specific: Campers will be grouped by grade. Friends and siblings may request the same grouping.
- Each participant will receive a professionally taken team picture with Nomar Garciaparra and an autographed 8x10 color picture of Nomar Garciaparra.
- Personal Attention: RBI is particularly proud of its low 6-1 camper to instructor ratio.
- Professional Staff: RBI’s staff is made up of current and former professional baseball players, college and high school coaches, and standout college athletes.
- The official "2013 Nomar Garciaparra Winter Hitting Clinic" T-Shirt.
- Professional baseball demonstration.
- Camper and parent question & answer.
- Motivational speeches on attitude, respect, self-confidence and decision making in every day life.
Cost for morning clinic (grades 1-8) is $149 for RBI members and $179 for non-members. Enrollment is limited to ensure personal attention to participants.
Garciaparra’s advanced clinic for high school players will be directed by RBI's lead hitting instructor and owner Paul Rappoli. Garciaparra will be working with each player in this clinic individually throughout the week Rappoli, Garciaparra and their college coaching level staff will be taking players through drills, simulated game situations, and hitting lectures over the nine hours of this workshop.
Rappoli, Garciaparra and their staff will look to provide hitters with an expansive and in-depth look at advanced hitting techniques.
This is an intensive and hands-on hitting program that will jump-start each player's off-season training schedule.
This clinic is for high school players only who are looking to start or continue their off-season hitting programs. The program will be broken up by grade to ensure proper instruction. Availability in this clinic is extremely limited so reserve your spot today.
Advanced clinic features:
• How to hit for both average AND power
• How to hit off-speed pitches
• Situational hitting
• Dealing with success and failure at the plate
• Working the count
• Hitting with a "Team" mentality
• Adapting your swing to a higher level of play
• The official "2013 Nomar Garciaparra Winter Hitting Clinic" T-Shirt.
Cost of advanced clinic is $175 for members and $225 for non-members.
For registration information, contact Chris Welch at email@example.com
RBI Baseball Academy provides year round private instruction, winter group clinics and programs for all areas of the game as well as a fully stocked baseball pro shop. It offers summer day baseball camps throughout Southeast Massachusetts, and day/overnight summer camp options with Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox, as well as fall baseball programs and leagues and the RBI Hawks travel baseball team.