Under general supervision, coordinates and administers basic human resource functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Processes all salary changes due to merit increases, promotions, or range adjustments. Ensures that all necessary documents have been received, information accurately entered into the computer data base, and forwarded to payroll. Maintains Human Resources data base, and provides reports to managers as needed.
- Works with the Human Resources Manager to participate in salary and benefits surveys throughout the year. Assists with analyzing data and recommending changes to salary ranges. Maintains salary range information and records.
- Answers routine benefits questions for managers and employees, and assists with problem solving. Acts as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers to resolve problems and clarify benefits.
- Ensures that all necessary forms and documentation are completed for any workers compensation claims, or short term or long term disability claims. Ensures that all parties are kept informed, and that proper follow up is conducted.
- Assists with annual benefits renewals, including the negotiations and necessary enrollment procedures.
- Works with department managers in writing and placing job vacancy ads. Assists with screening resumes, interviewing candidates, and assists with hiring when necessary, creating or updating position descriptions as needed.
- Conducts new employee orientations, ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed and returned. Enters new employee information into computer data base, working closely with Payroll and Information Services. Sets up all necessary personnel files, answers questions, and follows up as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees leaving the company, providing them with pertinent and accurate information, notifying necessary health/insurance providers. Conducts, writes up, and distributes the exit interview.
- Handles and maintains all files, records, and reports for the Training and Career Development program. Sets up classes, tracks costs, and follows up on evaluations.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager with the development and implementation of training programs.
- Works with the Human Resources Team and Human Resources Manager to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special events throughout the year.
- Works with the Employee Newsletter Team; organizes, plans and produces the company newsletter.
- Handles and maintains all necessary files, binders, and clerical functions of the department.
- Participates as an active member of one or more cross-functional teams.
- High school diploma or G.E.D, and zero to four years previous experience.
- High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or specialized training, and zero to four years previous experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements:
- Preferred: SHRM.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- HR, payroll, and accounting experience may be required.
Smart Staffing is looking to hire both entry level and experienced recruiters for our IT and Biotech Divisions. We have experienced tremendous growth over the course of the last year and we are looking to double our staff size in 2014!
To the entry level recruiter - Our top notch training program will prepare you for success with us. We have a leadership team that has been in place for over a decade ready to assist you through any situation. You will have plenty of opportunity to start making placements and growing your network right away while being groomed for long term success. If you are a driven individual who's not afraid to put in some hard work towards some great earning and growth potential, please reach out to us.
To the experienced recruiter - our compensation plan, the respect that our clients and candidates have for our recruiting process, and our work environment is what sets us apart from the rest. We're not a simple resume shop here. . . we will dig deep and recruit the right way while building lasting relationships. Whether your goals are business development, recruiting, or both. . . there is plenty of opportunity here.
- Handle data collection and analysis
- Write detailed reports
- Troubleshoot complex machinery problems
- Improve customer's machinery reliability
- Perform and support root cause analysis
Responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to patients. Exhibits a willingness and ability to communicate self as a caring and respectful person, capable of sensitively responding to patient needs. Fully versed in all areas of practice operation, performs as a member of a team responsible for completing all tasks necessary for the smooth functioning of the practice. Coordinates and expedites the flow of patients, providers, clinical and financial information. Able to handle multiple responsibilities which may include computer scheduling of patients: registration; taking phone messages; checking in/out patients; coordinating medical record; cashiering; medical assisting; phlebotomy; and assisting providers in a professional, accurate manner. Provides assistance and support to the physicians and nurses as needed. Adheres to hospital policy regarding patient confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to patients. Must be responsive, accessible, and visible and must demonstrate a team approach within the practice.
- Serves as a central communication source on which all persons rely in the delivery of patient care. As first point of contact, must be able to problem solve, ask appropriate questions and determine the appropriate outcome and/or follow-up. Utilizes knowledge of hospital services, provider roles, hospital regulations and unit policies.
- Appropriately seeks assistance from supervisor and others in the presence of difficult and/or unpredictable patient situations and/or behaviors.
- Responds quickly and courteously to phone calls and is helpful to the patient/caller.
- Takes complete and accurate information from patients. Triaging the call, prioritizing this information and facilitating communication of information to providers and documenting it in the patient chart.
- Greets and checks-in patient.
- Effectively utilizes computer systems to register patients and insure accuracy of demographic and fiscal data. Creates hospital identification to be used to organize and identify patient documentation required for billing ticket.
- Schedules, reschedules and cancels appointments. Coordinates this while making every reasonable effort to be accommodating to patient and provider needs. Knowledgeable about patient insurance and a variety of managed care programs. This may include prior authorization referrals, co-payment requirements, and pre-certifications.
- May collect appropriate payments for services following cash management procedures.
Patient Care Activities:
- Insures the availability of x-rays, lab slips, medical records and other pertinent information so that the visit is productive for both the patient and provider.
- Assists patients who have physical and physiological limitations with patient care, functions which may include, transferring from wheelchair to exam table, undressing and dressing patients, and ensuring patient is safe until provider arrives.
- Performs a wide variety of activities relevant to the clinical setting, which may include assisting providers, phlebotomy, performing EKG’s, vital signs, injections, handling of prescriptions, mailing out lab letters, etc.
- Performs lab test and implements quality control standards as indicated.
- Schedules patient for follow-up visits, referrals to other areas, test and procedures. May provides patients with relevant instructions for specific test and procedures.
- Distributes specific test result, vital signs and messages. May contact patients with information as directed by providers. May document results in patient record as instructed.
- Enters data via the visit ticket, insuring that information is complete, accurate, and timely in order to facilitate the billing process.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, whether by phone or discussion with providers.
- Opens assigned corridors daily; includes insuring that the equipment and supplies necessary to carry out patient care activities are available and usable and the environment is clean and organized.
- Maintains an unobstructed area for patient access. Cleans rooms after patient usage and ensures appropriate disposal of contaminated materials.
- Orders supplies and equipment, restocks supplies to insure availability at all times, and insures that inventory is monitored for expiration dates.
- Closes assigned corridor(s), insuring that rooms are clean, supplies/equipment/records are retrieved and returned to appropriate locations and that equipment/rooms are locked.
- Insures that patient records and any papers that are filed in the record have the appropriate patient identification.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes physicians mail.
- Locate, deliver, and file all requested medical records.
- Records should be assembled according to hospital policy and as standards are defined by the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).
- Requests for patient information should be handled according to established guidelines and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of an approved medical assistant program, or have at least 1-2 years experience in an ambulatory clinical setting.
- Work requires an in-depth understanding of hospital and practice policies, procedures, and operations in order to assume a variety of administrative details. Must be resourceful in obtaining information when it is not readily available.
- Must be sensitive to and supportive of patients, families, and care-providers.
- Must have the ability to respond quickly and purposefully to routine and unusual situations.
- Must have ability to recognize problems, establish priorities and initiate appropriate responses.
- Should enjoy assisting patients, and be sensitive and supportive of patient concerns.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, and a mature level of courtesy, tact, and professionalism required to deal with patients, management, providers, and co-workers.
- Exhibits strong communications skills and good judgment necessary to elicit information from patients in order to triage phone calls and distinguish emergent, urgent and routine problems.
- Must be willing to work as a team player and must have an interest in learning.
- Must be able to read and write at a level generally acquired through a high school education or diploma program. Must be able to articulate in English clearly and distinctly.
- Work requires completion of a competency-based orientation and continuous development in basic patient care techniques and procedures. This is usually provided through the Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- May not currently hold a valid nursing license.
Beauty Advisor at Ulta Beauty
The Beauty Advisor is under direct supervision of store management. This individual is responsible for providing an exceptional experience for all ULTA guests by engaging each guest to determine their individual needs, keeping fixtures fully stocked with merchandise, maintaining overall store cleanliness and completing tasks as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes eye contact, smiles, and promptly acknowledges and greets each guest entering the store, or guests within close proximity while moving throughout the store.
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable and courteous service. Understands that guest service is the top priority and ceases performing tasks when guests are present and in need of assistance.
- Determines each guest’s needs and answers questions concerning products and services. If necessary, partners with management to ensure the guest’s needs are met.
- While serving guests, recommends additional and complementary products and/or services based on information provided by the guest or items already selected for purchase.
- Informs guests of current promotions, events and services within the store.
- Is able to serve multiple guests at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times.
- Contributes to the store’s overall sales, conversion goals, and meets or exceeds individual goals.
- Helps to eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor.
- Courteously handles sales, refunds and exchanges. Ensures that the correct price, tax and/or discount are applied correctly to each sale.
- Ensures all resets and planograms are executed as directed.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise to highlight sales and promotional events.
- In between serving guests, ensures the store is replenished throughout the day and merchandises all products to company standards on shelves and tables.
- Participates in physical inventory preparation, execution and follow-up.
- Executes receipt of shipment truck within company guidelines.
- Executes other operational tasks as directed by management.
- Responsible for overall store cleanliness including restrooms, cashwrap, backroom and sales floor.
- Takes the initiative to stay informed regarding new or existing products is knowledgeable about their ingredients and benefits to better serve guests.
- High school diploma, 1 year relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 1 year. retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a passion for guest service and a competency for selling.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.