Editor's Note: The following statements are from Foxborough health inspection reports submitted for the weeks of Aug. 24 and 31. If there are any questions or concerns contact the Foxborough Health Department at (508) 543-1207.
Subway on Washington St.
One major violation was found during Diane Passafaro’s inspection. An under-counter cooler was reading high. The right side’s product temperature was ok but the left side was on the high side.
Other notes made include:
- Discarded three products prepped on June 29.
- The grate on the ceiling barricading fans was not present but has been corrected.
- Boxes of chips were on the floor, keep all food six inches off floor. Has been corrected.
- Tuna not pre-cooled, shipment just came in, place emptied product in walk-it to facilitate quicker cooler.
- Ensure tuna is always pre-cooled.
All violations from an inspection on Aug. 1 were found to be corrected including one major violation for excessive blizzard debris from the previous night in the blizzard machine. The machines were cleaned during the initial inspection with inspector Diane Passafaro noting, “looks great.”
Stop & Shop
All violations from an inspection on July 30 were found to be corrected.
No major violations but Diane Passafaro made the following notes during her inspection:
- Next time paper menus are printed, rewire allergy phrase in accordance with the state.
The Penalty Box Case
No inspections were found with inspector Diane Passafaro noting, “good improvement.”
All violations from an inspection on Aug. 21 were found to be corrected including two major violations for cooling and hot and cool holding. The two violations were for cooked meat that was found on shelving in a three-door cooler near a pizza oven and tomato soup that was improperly cooled. The food in the cooler was wrapped at inspection according to the report.
While no major violations were found, the following notes were made:
- Minor cleaning of white plastic lip in ice machine.
- Dry good containers not labeled (sugar bin).
- Storage racks under over not clean to sight and touch.
- Minor cleaning around grill line hand wash sink, ponding water on back surface of sink.
Violations found during an inspection on Aug. 22 were found to be correction during a re-inspection.