The 3-alarm fire that destroyed the Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough has left plans up in the air for brides and others who were booked at the popular enue who have planned their weddings sometimes years in advance at the popular venue.
Lakeview Pavilion owners say they will rebuild and are also working to help find new venues for those displaced by the Saturday night fire that left the building in ashes.
The fire started just after 7 pm. Saturday night as a couple was completing their wedding ceremony. Just after they were pronounced man and wife and had walked down the aisle, guests smelled smoke. Everyone made it out safely.
Fire officials said a discarded cigarette sparked the blaze that destroyed the popular wedding facility. The building is a total loss following the Saturday night blaze. On Sunday what was left was demolished.
In a statement on their website, owners Anastasia Tsoumbanos and Natalia Kapourelakos, whose family has owned the facility for 26 years, say their first priority is to help those booked at the facility find a new venue. The owners say 200 couples had weddings booked at Lakeview Pavilion through the fall of 2015.
Tsoumbanos and Kapourelakos are also in the process of returning any deposits made for these events. Brides and grooms who need help securing a new location should email event coordinator Terry Memmo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area venues are opening their doors to those displaced by the fire - from weddings to proms - many are scrambling to find new locations in short order. The Sun Chronicle is reporting dozens of wedding locations nearby and as far away as Essex county are opening their doors to help accommodate those looking for a replacement location following the fire.