Another snowstorm is headed this way and will bring high winds and frigid temperatures with it.
Snow should begin this afternoon and will intensify overnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 6-10 inches for the Foxboro area. Cape Cod and the Islands are expected to get hardest hit by the storm with blizzard conditions and 10 to 14 inches of snow expected.
A potential problem with this storm is wind gusts. Late Tuesday night and Wednesday morning should see wind gusts close to 40 mph, which could lead to power outages.
The temperatures will also wreak havoc. Highs are not expected to get out of the teens this week.
Here’s what weather forecasters are predicting for us:
- National Weather Service: 6 to 10 inches
- Channel 4: 6 to 10 inches
- Channel 7: 5 to 8 inches
- Channel 25: 8 to 15 inches
- Channel 5: 5 to 10 inches
As of 10:10 p.m. Foxboro has received 10.6 inches of snow according to the National Weather Service.
No School Wednesday
The Foxboro Public Schools and Foxboro Regional Charter will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Cancellations and Postponements
To report a cancellation, leave us a note in the comments section.
- Due to expected snowstorm, the Mass. Gaming Commission is re-scheduling the public hearing on the Foxboro surrounding community agreement in Plainville scheduled for tonight until Jan. 27. The times and locations will remain the same.
- Tuesday night's selectmen meeting at the Foxboro High School media center has been rescheduled for Thursday night at 7:30 p.m.
- The Foxboro High School boys' and girl's basketball games against Franklin have been postponed and will be made up at a later date.
- St. Mary's Church has canceled all religious education classes for Tuesday.+
- Foxboro Girl Scouts Service Unit meeting is canceled for this Tuesday evening.
- The Massachusetts Trial Court has canceled First-day Jurors for
Wednesday, Jan. 22, in Norfolk County. For now, courts will be open in Norfolk County on Wednesday.
- Foxboro Recreation has canceled jr. basketball previously scheduled for this evening.
- Wednesday morning's open playtime at Bethany Church has been canceled.
- The Invensys Hockomock YMCA will close at 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday and will reopen at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning. Due to the snowstorm and public school closures in our service area, all classes are canceled until 2pm. This includes group exercise classes, gymnastics, sports, swim, and enrichment classes.
- Jake n Joe's Sports Grille will not be open Tuesday night.
- Classes at Personal Best Karate in Foxboro scheduled for Tuesday night have been canceled.
- The Foxboro Music Den will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 22/