Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Monday’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Tuesday night: Clear, with a low around 57. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Stop by for $1 burger night, beginning at 5 p.m.
3. The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 6:45 p.m. in the Gala Room in . The School Committee is expected to hold appointment interviews from 8:30 to 9:20 p.m. with the selectmen.
4. Post announcements and/or events in our calendar for free! The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement or waiting for editors to print your event listings are history! Now you can tell the town right away when you get married, have a baby, graduate, make the honor roll or when and where your event is taking place.
5. There are several events happening at Tuesday:
- Tuesday Night Tasting - Oysters & Bubbly: Join Tastings at Patriot Place tonight at 7 for its yearly tasting of oysters and bubbly. The restaurant will be joined by Moet & Hennessey as well as world famous Island Creek oysters.
- Free Family Summer Camp Workshops: Stop by Bass Pro Shops from 1-5 p.m. Come to Bass Pro Shops for a free s’mores cookout, shooting range, shooting arcade, casting targets, free crafts, free photo and more.
- Stoytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Willow's Walkabout at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Summer Sensation 2012 - Bounce Houses: Located outside of Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro, enjoy great views of Gillette Stadium as the kids bounce the day away. Dates and times for this activity are subject to change and is weather permitting.
- Summer Sensation 2012 - Adventure Boot Camp: Join Shannon Barbato at 6:30 p.m. for a free Adventure Boot Camp. It is the ultimate outdoor fitness program that offers open-air fitness instruction.