Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Partly Sunny Tuesday with a High Near 43 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Tuesday night: A chance of snow and sleet before 11 p.m., then a chance of snow between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m., then rain and snow likely after 2 a.m. Patchy fog after 4 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. East wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
2. Selectmen Meet with Full Agenda Tuesday
Foxborough’s Board of Selectmen will meet at 6:30 p.m. on the Town Common to view the Town Common sign as part of the Lions Club proposal for an electric Common sign. Meeting will adjourn on the Common and reconvene in the Andrew Gala Meeting Room at 7 p.m. to discuss the following business:
- Town Clerk Bob Cutler discusses Foxborough holding a dual election this spring.
- Selectman Lorraine Brue will lead the Town Manager Act discussion
- Selectmen will hold a public hearing to review the application for the New England Revolution 2013 soccer season and schedule at Gillette Stadium
- Mass Gaming Commission will hold a Q&A with the BOS following a presentation of the state’s gaming licenses and discussion of the proposed racino in Plainville.
- Selectmen will open the continued public hearing for Jake n JOES to review the application for an alteration of premises for the all alcohol restaurant license and application for approval of new stockholders.
- Town Manager Kevin Paicos will give selectmen a post-blizzard report
- Selectman Virginia Coppola will discuss personnel wage by-law changes
- Selectman will discuss the status of the town’s indemnification agreement with Gillette Stadium regarding this summer’s Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift and Bon Jovi concerts
- Selectmen will go into executive session to discuss deployment of security personnel.
3. Support Relay for Life of Greater Foxboro, Team FRCS Kids for a Cure
Stop by Mandarin Chef on Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. to close and mention Relay for Life to help FRCS Kids for a Cure to support this great cause. Mandarin Chef will donate 30 percent of sales to Relay for Life. Dine in or take out by calling (508) 698-3888.
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s a look at today’s events at Patriot Place:
- Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic: Join Bass Pro Shops for the annual Fishing Classic now until March 10, featuring free seminars, boat specials, rod trade in, reel trade in and more. You can also enter to win a fishing trip with Tony Stewart.
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Clifford at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- 7 to 9 p.m. - Trivia at CBS Scene: Join CBS Scene for this new and exciting concept in team trivia, using its state of the art HDTV's. You could win prizes provided by MA State Lottery, CBS Scene gift cards or exclusive apple products provided by Tech Superpowers - Apple Specialists of Patriot Place.
5. Sign Up for Foxborough Patch’s Free Online Newsletter
We're Foxborough Patch, and we just want to say, "Hello!"
That's what the daily Foxborough Patch e-mail newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge.
All you have to do is sign up. You won't believe how easy it is.
Here's why we think you'll like it:
- It's quick. Hey, we know you get a lot of e-mail. That is why we made it easy to read.
- We're all about your community. With a quick scan, you'll find stories about your schools, the local police, new businesses and road information. Click a link and you're there.
- Business info. We highlight local businesses every day you may not have known were your neighbors.
- Events. See what's happening, or link to the calendar and add yours!
- Need an umbrella? Yeah, we've even got a quick snapshot of the local weather.
Getting it is easy. Just go to foxborough.patch.com/newsletters. Type your e-mail address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
And if you're one of the thousands of readers already getting a Patch newsletter, thank you. We appreciate it. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.