Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Cold and Partly Sunny Tuesday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Tuesday night: A slight chance of snow showers after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Relay for Life of Greater Foxborough Kick-Off Meeting
The Relay For Life of Greater Foxborough welcomes you to the kick-off meeting to pick up your team packet and learn more about the overnight walk scheduled for June 21-22 at Ahern School in Foxborough. The meeting will be held Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the South Foxborough Community Center. The challenge for all is to expand Relay for Life’s efforts by expanding its teams to 13 or more members in 2013.
Please visit Relay for Life of Greater Foxborough online at www.relayforlife.org/greaterfoxboro to sign up in advance.
For more information, please contact event co-coordinators Amy Walker at email@example.com, 508-337-9828 and/or Lisa Balzarini at firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-921-9312 or American Cancer Society Staff Partner Katie Boutilier atKatie.Boutilier@cancer.org, 508-897-4322.
3. Foxborough Board of Selectmen to Meet Tuesday
Foxborough’s Board of Selectmen will meet Tuesday to discuss the following town business:
- Jeff Siena of MIIA Insurance will meet with the board at 7 p.m.
- BOS chair James DeVellis will provide an update around 7:05 p.m.
- Attorney Frank Spillane, representing Waxy O’Connor’s, will discuss a change of manager application filed with the town for the Irish pub.
- Steve Sacco of Invensys will meet with the board to discuss the company’s future in town.
- DeVellis will continue the ongoing discussion of holding future Town Meetings on Saturday.
- Town Manager Kevin Paicos will discuss the FY14 budget
- The board will go into executive session around 8:30 p.m. to discuss DPW negotiation parameters.
4. Coffee with Foxborough High School Principal
Parents will have the opportunity to have coffee with Foxborough High School principal Diana Myers-Pachla Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the high school.
5. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s what’s happening around Patriot Place today:
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Barney at Kids Club Storytime Tuesday.