Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Five to Nine Inches of Snow Expected in Foxborough Saturday
The National Weather Service is calling for more snow in Foxborough Saturday, mainly before 2 p.m. The snow could be heavy at times. A high temperature near 20 is expected. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a north wind 22 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible. Saturday night: A slight chance of snow showers, mainly between 7 and 8 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -1. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Sunday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Light west wind.
2. Track Power Outages with National Grid Map
Find out how many National Grid customers are without power in the Foxborough area by clicking on the National Grid outage map here. The map updates every 15 minutes.
3. Foxborough Officials to Provide Town Update Saturday Morning
Foxborough officials will meet via phone conference Saturday morning to hear an update on the condition of the town. Foxborough Patch will provide a report following that conference. Once the storm ends, Foxborough officials will meet at the Public Safety Building to assess the town.
4. Saturday Cancellations, Postponements
Know of any postponements or cancellations Saturday due to the blizzard. Tell us in the comments section below!
- Saturday’s Foxborough Democratic Caucus has been postponed to Sunday, Feb. 17 at the McGinty Room of the Foxborough Public Safety Building.
- Invensys YMCA Foxboro closed Saturday
- Foxborough vs. King Philip hockey
- Hockomock Indoor Track Championships