Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect Morning Showers Before a Mostly Sunny Monday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers, mainly before 9 a.m. Areas of fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 50. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Monday night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
2. Kindergarten Sign Ups is this Week
Foxborough Public Schools is holding registration for incoming kindergarten students for the 2013-14 school year on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-7 p.m. at the Igo Elementary School cafeteria. Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 31. Notarized birth certificate and proof of residency required for registration. Health forms are available upon arrival.
3. Harlem Wizards to Play at Foxborough Regional Charter School
The Parents In Education (PIE) group of Foxborough Regional Charter School is bringing the Harlem Wizards to Foxborough Monday. This is the Wizards 50th anniversary tour. There will be souvenirs available at the game and the Wizards players will stay until every last autograph has been signed. PIE will also have refreshments available for sale. Tickets are required for entry to the event. Tip-off at Foxborough Regional Charter School is 7 p.m.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Lucky Lunch at CBS Scene - You could win playoff tickets: Join CBS Scene for lunch Monday thru Friday this week and enter to win a pair of tickets to Sunday’s AFC Championship game, $100 CBS Scene gift card and EXCLUSIVE game day reservations.
5. Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners to Meet Monday
Foxborough’s Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners will meet Monday at 7:30 p.m. to discuss water and sewer rate studies, request for sewer capacity from developers in Sharon and an update on the Oak Street Water Treatment Plant.