.

5 Things for the Weekend: PMC Rides, Live Music, Debut of Gaming Platform and More

Find out what’s happening in Foxborough this weekend, Aug. 4-5.

Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!

1. Expect Isolated Thunderstorms this Weekend in Foxborough

This weekend’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton,  calls for isolated thunderstorms after noon on Saturday. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Saturday night: Isolated thunderstorms before 9 p.m., then isolated showers between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. Patchy fog after 11 p.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Sunday: A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 9 a.m. Patchy fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 84. South wind 6 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Sunday night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 5 a.m. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

2. Pan-Mass Challenge Rides Through Foxborough this Weekend

Nine Foxborough residents will join approximately 5,500 cyclists from 36 states and eight countries to participate in the 33rd annual Pan-Massachusetts Challenge on Aug. 4-5. Foxborough is a finish line for some of the PMC routes and Foxborough Police say no roads will be closed as a result of the PMC ride. For more information, Then on Sunday, Aug. 5, Patriot Place will be holding its first ever Kids PMC Ride around the complex. for more information.

3. ‘Mirror, Mirror’ is Foxborough's Most Rented Redbox Movie this Week

“Mirror, Mirror” topped Foxborough’s Redbox rental list this week. Stop by your local Redbox at the Stop & Shop on Main Street and check out what your neighbors in Foxborough are renting through Redbox.

Redbox's synopsis of "Mirror, Mirror":

After a beloved King vanishes, his ruthless wife seizes control of the kingdom and keeps her beautiful 18-year-old stepdaughter, Snow White, hidden away in the palace. But when the princess attracts the attention of a charming and wealthy visiting prince, the jealous Queen banishes the girl to a nearby forest. Taken in by a band of rebellious but kindhearted dwarfs, Snow White blossoms into a brave young woman determined to save her country from the Queen. With the support of her new friends, she roars into action to reclaim her birthright and win back her Prince.

Rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America for some fantasy action and mild rude humor.

4. Patriot Place Events:

  • Saturday - Bass Pro Shops 2012 Fall Hunting Classic: Join Bass Pro Shops for Hunting Classes, big savings, trade-ins, ATV test drives and more during the 2012 Fall Hunting Classic.
  • 11 a.m. (Saturday) - Summer Sensation 2012 - Backyard Games at Patriot Place: There is nothing like a little friendly competition at Patriot Place. Grab the kids and take part in our super sized backyard games: Checkers, Chess, Block Stack, Ladder Ball, Bean Bag Toss and more.
  • 11 a.m. (Saturday) - Summer Sensation 2012 - Susan’s Magic Show: This will be amazing, dynamic, and spectacular. Watch in disbelief as things appear and disappear right before your eyes! Located at the Patriot Place Activity Center.
  • 4:30 p.m. (Saturday) - International Soccer - AC Milan vs. Olimpia: Come see AC Milan vs. Olimpia at Gillette Stadium followed by the New England Revolution vs. Sporting Kansas City.
  • 7:30 p.m. (Saturday) - New England Revolution vs Sporting Kansas City
  • 9:30 p.m. (Saturday) - Branded at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Branded is a high energy, rock oriented country band based in Southeastern Connecticut.  This is the best of modern country presented in a mainstream fashion.
  • Sunday - Bass Pro Shops 2012 Fall Hunting Classic: Join Bass Pro Shops for Hunting Classes, big savings, trade-ins, ATV test drives and more during the 2012 Fall Hunting Classic.
  • 1:30 to 4 p.m. (Sunday) - Patriots Training Camp: For Patriots fans who want to get closer to the action or are looking for an inexpensive way to entertain the kids, Patriots Training Camp offers just the ticket.
  • 3 p.m. (Sunday) - Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro - Summer BBQ Series: Chef Lacy will be putting together a special selection of Small Plates that are prepared patio side on the new commercial grade grill.
  • 4 p.m. (Sunday) - Sounds of Summer presented by Patch.com: TransMission is a 3-piece group plays all of the best classic rock, 80's & 90's hits, and recent top 40 dance tunes.
  • 6 p.m. (Sunday) - Sounds of Summer presented by Patch.com: Static Luminosity is the result of extensive training for these 14-16 year olds who play jazz, blues, jam band and classic rock.

5. Brass Monkey Debut at Tech Superpowers

Come to Tech Superpowers at Patriot Place on Saturday, Aug. 4th for the debut release of Brass Monkey - a new gaming platform that utilizes your web browser to stream games right to your computer - and implements your iOS device as the controller.
Doors open at 10 a.m. and stay open until 9 p.m., with tournaments including 1v1 Tanks vs. Aliens battles in the back of the Geek My Ride Lexus, and more. T-Shirts, pins and prizes will be handed out throughout the day, so stop by to play and win.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something