Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Chance of Rain this Weekend in Foxborough
Saturday’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers, mainly after 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Saturday night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Sunday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
2. Orpheum House of Horrors Now Open
Foxborough’s Orpheum House of Horrors is underway and will be running on Friday and Saturdays until Oct. 28. Open from 7 to 10 p.m., admission is $18. There are new mazes, themes and the Orpheum Theatre’s classic spinning vortex tunnel. If you don’t want to go through the haunted house in the dark, you can visit the house with the lights on beginning Sunday, Oct. 7 and every Sunday after until Oct. 28. The lights on haunted house will be open from 1 to 3 p.m. and admission is $8. For more information, click here. http://baycolonyproductions.com/productions/whats-playing/house-of-horrors
3. Trash Pickup to be Delayed One Day Next Week
Town trash pick-up will be delayed one day throughout the week, beginning on Monday, Oct. 8 due to Columbus Day.
4. Patriot Place Events:
Saturday, Oct. 6:
- 6 p.m. - 20,000 Leagues - Lights OUT: Are you brave enough to visit Captain Nemo’s abandoned submarine with nothing but a flashlight and your wits to guide you through its pitch black chambers?
- 1 to 5 p.m. - Fall Fun Event - Artist's Studio Fall Member Show: Visit the Artist’s Studio’s Fall show the weekends of Oct. 5 to 7 and Oct. 12 to 14. Over 120 pieces of art will be displayed representing 60 local artists from the Foxborough Art Association.
- 1:30 p.m. - Experience Crossfit at Reebok: Stop by Reebok for a free Crossfit Workout Powered by Reebok. Post work-out refreshments will be provided and exclusive shopping offers to the Reebok Store at Patriot Place.
- 7 p.m. - Bob Marley the Comedian at Showcase Live: Maines Comedy World Record Holder Originally from Maine, Bob Marley began performing stand up comedy in his hometown of Portland. Come see him perform at Showcase Live.
- 9:30 p.m. -Aid to Navigation at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Aid to Navigation is an original rock, pop, and blues band that also performs covers of everything under the sun.
Sunday, Oct. 7:
- 1 to 5 p.m. - Fall Fun Event - Artist's Studio Fall Member Show: Visit the Artist’s Studio’s Fall show the weekends of Oct. 5-7 and Oct. 12 – 14. Over 120 pieces of art will be displayed representing 60 local artists from the Foxborough Art Association.
- 4:25 p.m. - New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos: New England Patriots take on the Denver Broncos at Gillette Stadium.
5. Foxboro Jaycees’ Photo Day Fundraiser
Stop by Borderland State Park in Easton on Saturday, Oct. 6 for a professional photography session to benefit the Foxboro Jaycees. The session is $35 and includes a 5x7 or eight wallets your choice. You may choose to purchase additional portraits if you wish. Sessions must have been booked in advance.