Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect Mostly Cloudy Conditions Saturday with Sun Arriving Sunday in Foxborough
Saturday’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Saturday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Sunday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
2. Foxborough Fire Children’s Open House Set for Saturday
Foxborough Fire & Rescue will be holding its annual Children's Open House on Saturday, Nov. 3rd, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All are welcome to attend and enjoy pizza, popcorn, drinks and the SAFE trailer as well as the latest technology in Fire and EMS. Bring a non-perishable item for donation to the Foxborough Food Pantry. Children will have the opportunity to meet firefighters and check out all the trucks.
3. Foxborough Volleyball Begins State Tourney Play
The Foxborough girls' volleyball team will host Hudson in the first round of the MIAA Div. 2 Central State Tournament at Foxborough High School. The match begins at 7 p.m. Foxborough is the eighth seed and Hudson is the ninth seed.
4. Patriot Place Events:
The following events will be held at Patriot Place this weekend:
- 4 to 6 p.m. - "Fun" Raiser at Fanautical: Join us for a Fun-Raiser on Nov. 3rd from 4 p.m. to 6p.m. – 10 percent of all “SAILS” go to Canton Recreation.
- 6 p.m. - 20,000 Leagues - Lights OUT: Are you brave enough to visit Captain Nemo’s abandoned submarine with nothing but a flashlight and your wits to guide you through its pitch black chambers? Find out at 5Wits.
- 9:30 p.m. - Tom Dixon Band at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: With a unique combination of smooth country vocals and an explosive live performance, The Tom Dixon Band has given birth to a new way of delivering that sweet country sound.
5. Fourth Congressional District Candidate Joseph Kennedy III Visiting Foxborough Saturday
On Saturday, Joe Kennedy will be meeting voters in Foxborough, Plainville, Newton, Needham, Fall River and Attleboro. Kennedy is expected to be in Foxborough at 10:50 a.m. to greet voters at the Commons Eatery and Cafe.