Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Chance of Showers and Thunderstorms Tuesday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 p.m. Patchy fog before 10 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 76. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Tuesday night: Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Patchy fog. Low around 67. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. Back to School in Foxborough
Students return to Foxborough Public Schools for another school year. It is also picture day at for freshmen and sophomores. Click here to view Foxborough Patch’s Back to School Guide. And
3. Update on Chris Knight – Foxborough Boy Struck by Truck Last Week
Laura Brodeur, a friend and neighbor of the Knight family, told Foxborough Patch there isn’t much new to report on the condition of Christopher Knight,
“Chris is progressing and is able to speak full sentences and walk with some assistance,” Brodeur said. “They are hoping to move him to a rehabilitation center this week if his progress continues.”
Knight has been recovering from surgery since last Monday after suffering severe injuries.
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Elmo at Kids Club Storytime.
- 7 p.m. - Tuesday Night Tasting - Summer Sippers: The end of summer has come, so join Tastings as it enjoy some great last of the season Summer Sippers.
5. Board of Selectmen to Discuss Negotiations of Kraft Organization, North Street Parking and Liquor License at 99 Restaurant
The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will meet Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Andrew Gala Jr. Meeting Room of Town Hall to discuss the following:
- Application for a new officer/director issuance of stock, transfer of stock and new stockholder of an annual all alcohol restaurant license at the 99 Restaurant located at 4 Fisher St.
- Application for new officer/director at Red Robin Restaurant at 290 Patriot Place.
- Update on Fire Department overtime project.
- Status report on negotiations with the Kraft Organization.
- Continued discussion on North Street parking.