Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Rainy Wednesday in Foxborough, According to NWS
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers, mainly after 9 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Wednesday night: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2 a.m, then a chance of showers. Patchy fog between midnight and 4 a.m., then Patchy fog after 5 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. Foxborough Police Chief Says Town Has Not Been Notified of Protective Custody Lawsuit
Foxborough Police Chief Edward O’Leary declined to comment on the class action lawsuit filed against him and the town for “improper” practice of protective custody during a Bruce Springsteen concert at Gillette Stadium in August. O’Leary’s reasoning for no comment was simple – he has not received any official notification of the lawsuit, which was filed in federal court Monday, according to a press release from the Law Offices of Howard Friedman P.C. in Boston.
“The town has not received the documentation of the suit,” O’Leary said. “It appears the lawyers have sent out a press release prior to notifying the community. I’m going to decline any comment about the allegations until we finally have some specific [information] on the matter.”
To read more on the two men suing O’Leary and the Town of Foxborough, click here.
3. Foxboro Jaycees Present a ‘Photo Day Fundraiser’
Stop by Borderland State Park in Easton on Oct. 6 for your opportunity to schedule a professional photography session and raise funds for a great organization. The session fee is only $35 and includes a 5x7 or eight wallets of your choice. You may choose to purchase additional portraits if you wish. Sessions are booked first come, first served so call 401-580-2810 or visit www.foxborojaycees.org for more information.
4. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Wednesday:
- Girls’ soccer travels to Ursuline Academy for a 3:30 p.m. match
- Boys’ golf hosts North Attleboro for a 3:30 p.m. match
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 10:30 a.m. - Fall Fun – Strollercize: Free family fitness program brought to you by Brigham and Women’s / Mass General Healthcare Center. Click here for more information.
- 11 a.m. - Fall Fun - Face Painting at Old Navy: Visit Old Navy where the face painters will make you look cool.
- 3 to 4 p.m. - Kidville Krafts: Join Kidville from for free summer crafts and discounted playspace rates.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Mike Higgins to Tastings' Music Series stage.