Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Mostly Sunny with a High Near 72 in Foxborough Tuesday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Southwest wind 6 to 16 mph. Tuesday night: Patchy fog after 5 a.m. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 55. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
2. National Grid to donate to Joe Andruzzi Foundation
National Grid has pledged to donate $700 to the Joe Andruzzi Foundation’s (JAF) Patient Touchdown Program every time Tom Brady throws a regular season touchdown pass. National Grid will also match public donations, dollar for dollar up to $75,000, to the Foundation’s “Touchdowns by Tom” campaign. As part of the partnership, National Grid will also host patient families at each New England home game through 98.5 The Sports Hub Patriots Radio Network and CBS Radio Boston. For more information visit http://joeandruzzifoundation.org/wp/touchdownsbytom/
3. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Tuesday:
- Boys’ and girls’ cross country will travel to Canton for a 3:30 p.m. meet
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. - Storytime at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Meet Curious George at Kids Club Storytime.
- Noon - Bounce Houses: Jump around all afternoon in inflatable bounce houses. Located in the North Marketplace outside of Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro, enjoy great views of Gillette Stadium as the kids bounce the day away.
5. Free SAT Practice Test at Foxborough High School
Kaplan Test Prep will provide a proctored SAT practice test and will return student scores individually with personalized, analyzed results. Bring multiple, sharpened #2 pencils, an approved calculator and a healthy snack for the break. Test will be administered at Foxborough High School from 6 to 10:30 p.m. You must be registered for the test.