Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Sunny with a High Near 65 Today in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 65. Thursday night: Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 47. North wind around 6 mph.
2. Kraft Among the Five Richest People in Massachusetts
Forbes recently published its list of the 400 wealthiest people in America and Foxborough’s most famous businessman, Robert Kraft, made the list. According to The Forbes 400, Kraft ranks as the 206 wealthiest person in America with a net worth of $2.3 billion. Boston.com profiled the five richest people in Massachusetts, according to the Forbes 400 list and Kraft ranked fourth behind Abigail Johnson, president of Fidelity Financial Services, Johnson’s father, Edward C. Johnson III, who is chief executive of Fidelity and Amos Hostetter, who founded Continental Cablevision. Kraft ranks ahead of Boston Red Sox owner John Henry, whose net worth is listed at $1.5 billion.
Bill Gates was considered the wealthiest person in America for the third straight year with a net worth of $66 billion.
- To read Boston.com’s story on the top five richest people in Massachusetts, click here.
- To view the Forbes 400 list, click here.
3. Warriors Game Day:
The following Foxborough High School teams will be in action Thursday:
- Girls’ volleyball travels to Oliver Ames for a 4:45 p.m. match
- Cross Country teams travel to Stoughton for a 3:30 p.m. meet
- Field hockey travels to Stoughton for a 3:30 p.m. game
- Boys’ golf hosts Canton for a 3:30 p.m. match
For results and expanded schedules, check out Patch's Warriors Scoreboard here.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. - Bounce Houses: Jump around all afternoon in inflatable bounce houses. Located in the North Marketplace outside of Red Robin. Have a blast as the kids bounce the day away.
- 3 to 6 p.m. – Farmers Market at Patriot Place: The last Farmers Market for the season at Patriot Place will be held today from 3 to 6 p.m. outside the Life is Good store in the North Marketplace.
- 4:30 p.m. Mass Cruisers Auto Club - Free Cruise Night: The Mass Cruisers Auto Club, Bass Pro Shops and Patriot Place want you to once again enjoy your evening of cruising nostalgia and fun.
- 8 p.m. - Krystal Keith at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill - Daughter to Toby Keith, Krystal Keith has been known to sing with her father on stage and is an aspiring country singer, following in the footsteps of her dad.
- 8 p.m. - Start Making Sense: Tribute to the Talking Heads: If David Byrne is one of the geniuses of modern times, then Start Making Sense is a tribute to genius.
- 9 p.m. - LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene: Stop by CBS Scene’s LEVEL ONE club where DJ Plan B will be spinning the hottest music all night long. Doors open at 9 p.m.
5. College Mini-Fair at Foxborough High School
Foxborough High School will host a college mini-fair for students on Thursday from 9:38 to 10:35 a.m.