Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Sunny with a Chance of 80 Expected in Foxborough Thursday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 7 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 80. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Thursday night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 56. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
2. Final Presentation of Foxborough’s Master Plan Scheduled for Thursday
Join the Foxborough Planning Board and the town’s Economic Development consultants for the Economic Development Plan Summary meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Foxborough Senior Center, 75 Center St. The program will start promptly at 7 pm at the Foxborough Senior Center, 75 Center Street. To view a Powerpoint presentation on Foxborough’s Economic Development Plan, click this link: SewerAndMasterPlanPresentation_120823.
3. Jimmy Fund Campout at Normandy Farms to be Held Sept. 14-16
From Friday, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16, over 100 campers will unite to support the inaugural Jimmy Fund Campout at Normandy Farms Campground at 72 West St., Foxborough. The campout will give participants the opportunity to enjoy camping and the great outdoors while supporting adult and pediatric cancer care and research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The fun-filled event will include exclusive activities throughout the weekend, including a geocaching GPS scavenger hunt challenge by Geoteaming™ (a schedule is included below). All activity equipment and instruction is provided and no experience is necessary.
The Jimmy Fund Campout will also be hosted at two other New England campgrounds this weekend: Bayley’s Camping Resort in Scarborough, Maine and Danforth Bay Camping Resort in Freedom, N.H.
The Jimmy Fund Campout will be held rain or shine.
Friday, Sept. 14:
- Welcome party, 6:30 to 9 p.m., Recreation Lodge
Saturday, Sept. 15:
- Geocaching with Geoteaming, 9 a.m. to noon, starting at Recreation Lodge
- Friendly all-ages strategic GPS scavenger hunt competition between other Jimmy Fund Campout campers.
- Cookout lunch, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Main Hall, Recreation Lodge
- Disk golf with Bass Pro Shops, 3 to 5 p.m., Disk Golf Field
- Live entertainment with MoJo Motown Classics, 7:30 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 16:
- Thank you celebration pancake breakfast, 8 to 10:30 a.m., Main Hall, Recreation Lodge
- 11 a.m. - Bounce Houses: Jump around all afternoon in inflatable bounce houses. Located in the North Marketplace outside of Red Robin. Have a blast as the kids bounce the day away.
- 3 to 6 p.m. - Farmers Market at Patriot Place: Attend the Patriot Place Farmers Market featuring the freshest and finest from local growers and purveyors across New England. The last Farmers’ Market of the season at Patriot Place is Sept. 20.
- 6 p.m. - Fun and Games with 5Wits: Join 5 Wits at 6 p.m. for a night of fun and games. Try some of its favorite board and card games and have a chance to take them home for a steal.
- 6 p.m. - Fall Fun - Kettlebells with Impact Fitness: Train with Impact Fitness and learn basic moves with kettlebells that will make you a better athlete.
- 6 to 8 p.m. - Troy Brown speaks at The Hall: The Hall at Patriot Place Presented by Raytheon’s popular Speaker Series continues on Thursday Sept. 13 with 2012 Hall Inductee Troy Brown appearing in the Raytheon Theater. This event requires a ticket for entry and is sold out.
- 7 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Fill Pacino to Tastings' Music Series stage.
- 8 p.m. - .38 Special performs at Showcase Live: After more than three decades together, .38 SPECIAL continue to bring their signature blast of Southern Rock to over 100 cities a year.
- 9 p.m. - LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene: Join CBS Scene at its new nightclub, LEVEL ONE, where DJ Plan B will be spinning the hottest music all night long. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- 9:30 p.m. - Thompson Square at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: A husband-and-wife country duo comprised of Keifer Thompson and Shawna Thompson, Thompson Square combines classic rock, country, and singer/songwriter strands into a sharp, pleasant country-pop mix.
5. Have You Seen This Cat?
NOTE: View the photo above for a look at the missing cat.
This one-year-old male cat, described as white with patches of gray and black stripes, went missing Monday afternoon from 35 Cross St. in Foxborough. He is described as “sweet and playful” and “on the small side” physically. If you see this cat, call Heather at (508) 801-8809.