Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect the Rain to Continue into Thursday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for showers, mainly after 3 p.m. Areas of fog. High near 68. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Thursday night: Showers, mainly before 11 p.m. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 54. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
2. Your Local Editor Will Be Away Until Tuesday, Oct. 9
A quick note from yours truly, Foxborough Patch’s Local Editor:
“I will be out of state from Thursday, Oct. 4 to Tuesday, Oct. 9. If you have news tips, story ideas, questions or comments about anything related to Foxborough while I’m away, please direct your e-mails to Wrentham Patch Associate Editor Dan Libon, who will be helping out while I’m away. He can be contacted via e-mail at Dan.Libon@Patch.com. I look forward to getting back in action on Tuesday to provide you with daily coverage of all things Foxborough.”
3. Fall Colors Fundraiser at Hunakai Studio
Join Hunakai Studio on Thursday for its once a year scholarship fundraising event.
All proceeds go to help students in need of financial assistance. Art enriches one’s life and no one should be denied the opportunity to be creative.
The event will be held at the studio from 7 to 9 p.m. and will feature live music, food, silent auctions, raffles and the “fine art draw.”
The fine art draw is where you purchase a $100 ticket for an original framed piece of artwork. Your name is called at random so have a few of your favorite pieces picked out.
Tickets are $35 at the door and $25 for members of Hunakai.
4. Sage School Open House
A Parent Open House will be held Thursday from 9 to 11 a.m. and will include classroom visits and a panel discussion. Tours can be scheduled at any time through the Admission Office, (508) 543-9619, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.sageschool.org for more information.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- 4 p.m. - Fall Fun - Tom Knight Puppet Show: Tom Knight has been writing and performing for kids since 1988. Tom brings his portable stage and hand-made puppets to schools, libraries, theaters and festivals all throughout the Northeast.
- 4:30 p.m. - Mass Cruisers Auto Club – Free Cruise Night: The Mass Cruisers Auto Club, Bass Pro Shops and Patriot Place want you to once again enjoy your evening of cruising nostalgia and fun.
- 8 p.m. - Craig Campbell at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Craig Campbell is a proud reminder of one of country's strongest creative periods, building on the early-‘90s legacy established by some of the genre's most successful figures.
- 8 p.m. - Robert Glasper at Showcase Live: Robert Glasper has worked extensively with Q-Tip, playing keyboards on the rapper’s 2008 album The Renaissance and co-writing the album single “Life Is Better” which featured his label mate Norah Jones.
- 9 p.m. - LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene: Join CBS Scene at its nightclub, LEVEL ONE, where DJ Plan B will be spinning music all night long.