Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Mostly Sunny Thursday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Thursday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight.
2. 'Cowboy Spirit' Movie Premiere and Ayla Brown Performance at Orpheum Theatre
Cowboy Spirit Films will be hosting the premiere of the feature film, "Cowboy Spirit," which will include a meet and greet with the starring cast. This event is open to the public and will be held at the Orpheum Theatre.
Produced and filmed locally in and around Boston, this independent film tells the story of Ted Walters, who must draw on the lessons he learned as a kid from his grandfather, a champion rodeo cowboy, as he tries to help a little girl who is battling cancer.
Doors will open at 5 p.m. and one of the starring actresses, Ayla Brown, will be performing live at 6 p.m. The screening of Cowboy Spirit will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Immediately following the movie, there will be a Q&A session with key members of the cast and crew.
The Orpheum Theatre is located at 1 School St. Concessions will be open and available. Free parking is available around the Foxboro Common.
Tickets are now on sale online at http://cowboyspiritmovie.eventbrite.com.
To view a trailer and learn more about Cowboy Spirit, visit http://CowboySpiritMovie.com.
3. Igo School Fall Concert
Music students of the Igo Elementary School will perform a Fall Concert from 1:15 to 2:45 p.m.
4. Planning Board to Hold Public Meeting for Lincoln Hill Estates Subdivision
Foxborough's Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Andrew Gala Meeting Room to hold a public hearing for approval of a definitive subdivision plan entitled "Lincoln Hill Estates." Click here for more information.
5. Patriot Place Events:
- Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.
- Baby Pictures at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Enjoy the latest movies in a convenient baby friendly setting at a discounted price of only $6.
- 7 to 10 p.m. - Live Music at Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro: Welcome Steve Marchena to the Tastings' Music Series stage.
- 8 p.m. - Comedy Night with Ken Rogerson, Steve Bjork, and Chris D.: The Funniest Man You've Never Heard Of, KEN ROGERSON started his comedy career working the Chicago club circuit and at the famed Second City. See him and others during Showcase Live’s Comedy Night.
- 8 p.m. - James Wesley at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: James Wesley is a performer with a whiskey-smooth voice and a timeless way with great country songs. Wesley sings directly to real people about real things that profoundly affect real lives and has a deep understanding of what those folks are longing to hear.