.

5 Things for Nov. 26: Child Abuse Prevention Forum, Chance of Snow this Week, Toys for Tots Drive and More

Here's five things you need to know in Foxborough for today, Nov. 26.

Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!

1. Expect a Sunny Monday with a High Near 46 in Foxborough

Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for

sunny, with a high near 46. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Monday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

2. Foxborough Hosts Community Forum for Child Sexual Abuse Prevention

In light of the recent disclosures of sexual abuse in Foxborough, the Foxborough Public Schools, police department and Hockomock Area YMCA has come together to offer a community prevention forum for child sexual abuse prevention.

The forum, which will be held at the Ahern Middle School auditorium on Monday, Nov. 26 at 7 p.m., will provide an important opportunity to bring the community together to discuss the issues of child sexual abuse, learn more about its devastating impact and to find out together as a community, what Foxborough can do to prevent it. 

This presentation will be hosted by the Foxborough School Department and the Foxborough Police Department and facilitated and convened with the support of the Hockomock Area YMCA.

No pre-registration is required and all are welcomed to attend.

3. NWS Calls for Chance of Snow Tuesday and Wednesday in Foxborough

The National Weather Service says a potential storm system moving into the area could produce snow in Foxborough on Tuesday and Wednesday. The NWS calls for a chance of snow, mainly after 1 p.m. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Chance of snow increases to 60 percent after 11 p.m. Tuesday night. On Wednesday, chance of snow remains at 60 percent before 8 a.m. and decreases to 40 percent by Wednesday night.

4. Toys for Tots Drive Begins Monday

William P. O'Donnell, Norfolk County Register of Deeds, announced the registry will sponsor its sixth annual U.S. Marine Corps. Reserve "Toys for Tots" drive.  

Donations of new toys and games for toddlers and children up to age 10 can be brought directly to the Norfolk County Register of Deeds building on High Street in Dedham until noontime between Monday, Nov. 26 and Wednesday, Dec. 19.

A donation bin will be set up in the lobby of the building, which is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. 

"We are honored that the Registry once again has the opportunity to partner with a charity like the Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots drive," said O'Donnell in a statement. "The Toys for Tots program dates back all the way to 1947 and has helped children all over the country to be even a small part on a local level, of such an historical endeavor is very humbling."

5. Patriot Place Events:

  • Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops: Enjoy a free photo with Santa, games crafts and more at Santa’s Wonderland.

  • 1 p.m. - Silver Screen Classics at Showcase Cinema de Lux: Silver Screen Classics - Every Monday at 1 p.m. enjoy a Silver Screen Classic with popcorn and a soda for just $2.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »