Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect A Cooler Friday with Temperatures in the 70s and Mostly Cloudy Conditions
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Friday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Un-Common’s Young Adult Company Presents ‘The Who’s Tommy’ at
The Un-Common Theatre Young Adult Company’s presentation of "THE WHO’S TOMMY" opened Thursday, July 19 at the Orpheum Theatre and will continue Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday’s show is at 2 p.m.
3. Family Buffet at
The Lafayette House on Washington Street (Route 1) will be hosting family buffet night at the restaurant. Plates are $20 for adults and $12 for kids.
- 2 p.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Revolution Soccer Clinic: Want to play like the pros? Then you have to practice like one too. Join the Revolution Academy coaches for this special Summer Sensation Revolution Soccer Clinic featuring drills and training.
- 8 p.m. - California Fest at Showcase Live: Three of New England's hottest premier alternative rock tribute bands: Rage Against the Machine, Scar Tissue and Toolfist.
- 9:30 p.m. - Dalton and the Sheriffs at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This Boston-based alternative country band blurs the lines between three-chords-and-the-truth and down home country honesty.
5. Reminder: Sixth Annual Hockomock Area YMCA Triathlon is Sunday
The Hockomock Area's YMCA Triathlon is scheduled for Sunday, July 22 at Lake Pearl Luciano's in Wrentham. Race starts at 8 a.m. with registration beginning at 6 a.m. Roughly 400 triathletes from the New England area are expected to participate in triathlon. said in a recent press release it is "proud to sponsor" this annual event with all proceeds benefiting the Reach Out to Youth and Families program at the Hockomock Area YMCA in Foxborough. For more information,