Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Mostly Sunny Monday with a High Near 35 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 35. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Monday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph after midnight.
2. Foxborough School Committee Meets Monday
The Foxborough School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Foxborough High School Media Center to discuss the following business:
- Highlight the Foxborough High School Congress.
- Present 2012-13 FACES Awards to Angela Davis and Christine Freeman.
- Review and vote to approve the 2013-14 Foxborough Public Schools calendar.
- Discuss results and analysis of the 2012 bullying survey for middle and high school students.
- Receive an update on the NEASC report.
- Continued discussion on the FY14 school budget.
3. How to Use Foxborough Patch for the Rest of the School Year
School is back in session in Foxborough after the holiday break and Foxborough Patch will be there to cover all the news and happenings around the district. But we can’t do it without your help.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch for the remainder of this school year, we invite you to get active in our online community created on Patch. There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage and recognition they deserve from Foxborough Patch for the remainder of the year:
- Let us know about big events and accomplishments — If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, let us know about it! Just e-mail Patch editor Jeremie Smith with the details and who he should contact for more information about the story idea.
- Add your event listings — Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our Events calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTO and more.
- Post your announcements — Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcements and photos.
- Add your photos to our galleries – Throughout the school year we’ll be out gathering lots of photos of students and their activities. Be sure to add your own photos to our event-related galleries and share your memories with everyone.
- Sign up for the newsletter — Want to find out what else is happening around town? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- Lucky Lunch at CBS Scene - You could win playoff tickets: Join CBS Scene weekdays for lunch now through Friday, Jan. 11th between open and 4 p.m. and enter to win a pair of tickets to the Jan. 13th game including a $100 CBS Scene gift card and exclusive reservations on game day.
5. Patriots Playoff Tickets on Sale Monday
Tickets to the Jan. 13 AFC divisional round playoff game against the Houston Texans in Foxborough go on sale to the general public on Monday, Jan. 7. Ticket orders can be processed one of two ways, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone by calling 800-745-3000 only. Visa, a proud sponsor of the National Football League and the New England Patriots, will be the only accepted form of payment.
Tickets are very limited, with mostly single seats available. There will be a four-ticket limit per person. Single tickets are available in each price category, which is set by the NFL. The individual ticket prices for the AFC Divisional Playoff Games range from $220 (100 Level Sideline) to $100 (300 Level). For more information, click here.