Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Cold but Sunny Friday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Things You Need to Know About Licensing Your Dog in Foxborough
All dog owners are required to license any dog which is six months or older, according to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140, Section 137 and Article V, Section 3 of the General By-Laws of the town of Foxborough.
According to the Town Clerk’s Office, each dog shall be licensed with the town of Foxborough annually (licensing period runs from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31).
The current fee is $12 for male/female dogs or $10 for neutered male or spayed female dogs. Dog owners must provide a veterinarian certificate as evidence of the dogs having been vaccinated against rabies. An additional $20 late fee will be charged for renewal of any licenses after Jan. 31 of 2013. Owners can license their dogs at the Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall.
Each household is allowed to keep up to three separately licensed dogs on the premises. Keeping of four or more dogs on a premise requires the owner to obtain a kennel license through approval by the Zoning Board of Appeals.
3. Three Stooges Film Festival at Orpheum Theatre
The Orpheum Theatre will be holding its annual Three Stooges Film Festival tonight at 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10. For more information, visit www.orpheum.org.
4. Patriot Place Events:
- 11 a.m. - Winter Wonder - Creation Station: Join Patriot Place for hands-on art activities that explore a wide range of art media and tools. Today you can Color Your Own Holiday Paddleball Games.
- 9:30 p.m. - Digger Dawg at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This band offers a high-energy show of the ultimate in country, rock and blues. Digger Dawg was honored with a tour overseas to the troops in 2008 in Kuwait and Iraq.
- 10:30 p.m. - The White Panda at Showcase Live: The White Panda formed when two boyhood friends discovered they had independently embarked on mash-up careers in college.
5. Photos from Foxboro Jaycees’ Annual Caroling on the Common Event
Christmas has come and gone but the holiday season can live on until after the New Year! Today, we share scenes from the Foxboro Jaycees’ annual Caroling on the Common event held this past Thursday in town. View the photo gallery above for more.