Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Sunny with a High Near 83 Friday in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83. Light and variable wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning. Patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. New England Country Music Festival at Gillette Stadium Featuring Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw
New England’s Country Music Festival returns to Gillette Stadium for a ninth consecutive year and seventh headlining Kenny Chesney. Performing in Foxborough today and Saturday is Jake Owen, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Tim McGraw and Chesney. The show begins at 4:30 p.m. each day and parking lots open at 1:30 p.m. Click here for five things you need to know about Country Fest this weekend.
3. Parking Ban in Residential Areas in Effect This Weekend
Foxborough residents are reminded that the town’s parking bylaw that bans parking for a fee on residential properties during Gillette Stadium events will be in effect Friday and Saturday. If residents are caught parking cars on their property for money, they will be subject to a $100 fine for each car in violation on that property. For more on the parking bylaw,
- 9:30 pm. - Dalton and the Sheriffs at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: This Boston-based alternative country band blurs the lines between three-chords-and-the-truth and down home country honesty.
5. Foxborough Residents Visit US Senator Scott Brown in Washington D.C.
On a recent trip to Washington, D.C., Foxborough residents, the Boucher Family, visited with U.S. Senator Scott P. Brown (R-Wrentham) at his Capitol Hill office. See photo above.