Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Mostly Sunny with a High Near 86 Thursday
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Thursday night: Patchy fog after 4 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
2. Foxborough High School Fall Sports Teams Begin Practice Thursday
High school fall sports are officially back in Foxborough. The Warriors’ football team began practice on Monday but the rest of the fall athletic programs will hold their first official practices and tryouts today.
3. Foxboro Recreation Department Campers Raise Money for Fresh Air Fund
The Foxboro Recreation Department’s 11 and 12-year-old campers raised $167.52 for the Fresh Air Fund in Booth Camp’s Change Wars. Collectively, Booth Campers raised nearly $500 for the Fresh Air Fund. See photo above, courtesy of the Foxboro Recreation Department.
- Donate Pants to Old Navy and Enter to Win Tickets: Donate a pair of children or youth sized pants at Old Navy to Cradles to Crayons and receive 50 percent off an adult ticket to The Hall presented by Raytheon and be entered to win two tickets to The New England Country Music Festival. A winner is chosen every day.
- 11 a.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Bounce Houses: Jump around all afternoon in inflatable bounce houses. Located in the North Marketplace outside of Red Robin! Have a blast as the kids bounce the day away.
- 3 to 6 p.m. - Summer Sensation 2012 - Caricatures by Fun Enterprises: Artists will turn a blank sheet of paper into a humorous caricature sketch in minutes. Choose from either our full-color or black & white sketches.
- 3 to 6 p.m. - Farmers Market at Patriot Place: Attend the Patriot Place Farmers Market featuring the freshest and finest from local growers and purveyors across New England.
- 4:30 p.m. - Mass Cruisers Auto Club - Cruise Night: The Mass Cruisers Auto Club, Bass Pro Shops and Patriot Place want you to once again enjoy your evening of cruising nostalgia and fun. Stop by and check out some classic rides.
- 6 p.m. - Fun and Games with 5Wits: Join 5Wits at 6 p.m. for a night of fun and games. Try some of 5Wits’ favorite board and card games and have a chance to take them home for a steal.
- 8 p.m. - Steve Holy at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: With his latest album titled after his hit song “Love Don’t Run,” Holy has sure made his mark on the country music scene.
- 8 p.m. - Comedy Night at Showcase Live: Paul D'Angelo is one of the nation's top comedians having performed in virtually every major comedy club in America as well as having appeared on Comedy Central and a star in the film, the Godfathers of Comedy.
- 9 p.m. - LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene: Stop by Patriot Place’s new nightclub LEVEL ONE at CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar where DJ Plan B will be spinning the hottest music all night long. Doors open at 9 p.m.
5. Foxboro YMCA Outdoor Pool Reopens
The Invensys Foxboro YMCA Outdoor Pool re-opened Wednesday after being closed on Aug. 16 to correct chemical levels. The pool’s regular schedule will resume.