1. Expect a Mostly Sunny Friday with a High Near 63 in Foxborough
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a isolated showers after 1 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Friday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 39. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Chace Building Supply to Host ‘Money in the Mulch’ Contest Saturday
Welcome spring to your life by joining Chace Building Supply as it hosts its first “Money in the Mulch” contest.
In an attempt to bring some fun and excitement to the community - and say goodbye to the long winter - 10 lucky participants will dig through a huge pile of mulch on Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for their chance to win some great prizes. One lucky person will win a $500 gift certificate to Chace Building Supply and have the opportunity to spruce up their own environment.
Along with watching contestants dig thru the mulch pile and find the buried $500 gift certificate, 94 HJY and Paul Fuller will be on-site giving away prizes. Food and refreshments will be served, so Chace welcomes the community to come on down and join them on Route 1 for lunch on Saturday.
If you would like to participate in the event and dig through the mulch for your chance to win, register now at www.94HJY.com keyword CHACE. There will also be walk-in registrations that will be chosen at random. Rain date is May 4. The event will be outside in the Chace parking lot. The day promises to be fun and exciting.
Since opening in Foxborough in 1986, Chace Building Supply, Inc. has been serving homeowners and commercial contractors in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for all their building material and home improvement needs. Whether you are remodeling a kitchen or bath, adding a deck, or need tools and materials for a job, Chace’s friendly staff will provide you with extensive product knowledge and expertise.
Throughout their history, they have established themselves as one of the most efficient and successful building suppliers in the area, serving Foxborough, Wrentham, Plainville, Norfolk, Franklin, Walpole, and many other surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island towns.
Chace maintains a well-stocked inventory of lumber, tools and hardware products, millwork, roofing supplies, siding, flooring, lawn and garden supplies, paints and stains and outdoor play sets.
3. New England Revolution Issue Security Advisory for Saturday’s Match
The New England Revolution has released the following advisory in advance of Saturday night’s match against Philadelphia at Gillette Stadium:
Plan to arrive at the gates early for the Revolution’s match against Philadelphia on Saturday at Gillette Stadium.
In light of the recent attacks during the Boston Marathon, stadium entry procedures will take longer than you are used to, and we ask that you take the necessary steps to ensure you are in your seats prior to kick off.
- Each person entering the stadium will be screened, and all bags will be searched and tagged before being allowed through the gates
- Fans are asked to review the list of prohibited items prior to leaving home. This will assist with a timely entry to the stadium.
More information about security procedures in place at Gillette Stadium for Revolution games can be found here.
Please assist stadium staff by:
- Leaving any unnecessary bags at home or in your vehicles
- Arriving early at the gates
- Having any bags you need to bring into the stadium open when approaching the gates, and
- Following signs and directions given by staff during the bag searches and individual screenings.
These procedures are designed to enhance your event experience. We are one team.
- Parking lots open: 5:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. for Season ticket holders)
- Gates open: 6:30 p.m. (6:15 p.m. for Season Ticket holders)
- Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s what’s happening around Patriot Place today:
- Spring Fever - Creation Station: Join Patriot Place at 11 a.m. for hands-on art activities that explore a wide range of art media and tools.
- Gretchen Wilson at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: In late May 2004, Gretchen Wilson's debut single, "Redneck Woman," became the first by a solo female singer to top the Billboard country singles chart in over two years; it also reached number one faster than any single in the previous decade. On Friday, she will be performing live at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill.
- Rubix Kube: The Ultimate '80s Tribute Band at Showcase Live: RUBIX KUBE is taking the country by storm as the most original '80s tribute band of all time.
5. Brigham and Women’s/MGH Schedules Second Blood Drive for May at Patriot Place
Thursday’s blood drive outside Brigham and Women’s/MGH at Patriot Place was at capacity with 100 guests scheduled to donate. Due to the overwhelming support and interest in donating, Brigham and Women’s has announced it will be holding a second blood drive on Tuesday, May 14th. More details to come later.