Editor's note: Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. If you know of something happening in town that did not make our list, please add it in the comment section!
1. Expect a Sunny Monday in Foxborough with a High of 39
Today’s weather in Foxborough, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for mostly sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Monday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Calm wind.
2. Historic Commission to Discuss Electronic Common Sign Proposal
The Foxborough Historic Commission will discuss the Lions Club proposal for an electronic Common sign on Monday at 7:30 p.m. at Memorial Hall. The Commission is also expected to discuss the status of the exterior stone walls of the Reservoir and Memorial Hall, Historic House plaques, historic markers, Paine School and more.
3. Water & Sewer Commissioners meet to Discuss Funding for Sewer and Water Space Needs
Foxborough’s Board of Water & Sewer Commissioners will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Water Department Office of Town Hall to discuss funding formulas for sewer and water space needs and proposed sewer service area (district planning).
4. Patriot Place Events:
Here’s a look at today’s events at Patriot Place:
- Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic: Join Bass Pro Shops for the annual Fishing Classic now until March 10, featuring free seminars, boat specials, rod trade in, reel trade in and more. You can also enter to win a fishing trip with Tony Stewart.
5. Foxborough Conservation Commission to Discuss Neponset Reservoir Management Program, Foxboro Sports Center Proposal
Foxborough’s Conservation Commission will meet at 4 p.m. Monday in the Andrew Gala Meeting Room of Town Hall to hear an update on the Neponset Reservoir Management Program and review the Notice of Intent for Foxboro Sports Center’s proposed addition of a skating rink and parking lot expansion at 10 East Belcher Rd. ConCom is also expected to discuss:
Proposed town auction properties – Lincoln Hill Camp on Oak Street and Garrett Spillane Road; Earth Day 2013 Celebration planning and Conservation rental properties.