A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions.
Here's a quick guide to many of these great deals to be found on Veterans Day throughout the Foxborough area:
For military service men and women only:
- Free admission to The Hall at Patriot Place on Veterans Day weekend. From Saturday, Nov. 10 through Monday, Nov. 12, The Hall will offer free admission to all veterans and active service men and women. On Monday, Nov. 12, veterans and active military can complement a trip to The Hall with a visit to CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar, which will offer a complimentary special off the lunch menu with a military ID. The Hall is open Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday from 4 p.m. (following the Patriots game) to 7 p.m., and Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bar Louie, Free meal on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2012. Active duty military members and veterans can receive a free meal, up to $10 in value, and a free non-alcoholic beverage. Available at all locations, military ID or proof of service is required. Bar Louie can be found at Patriot Place in Foxborough.
- The Olive Garden, Free entrée, Nov. 11, 2012. Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, Nov. 11th during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. More info.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including Nov. 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Red Robin, Monday, Nov. 12. Free Red’s Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries for all Red Robin guests with a military ID or proof of service. Red Robin is also partnering with Heinz for Veterans Day to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Red Robin will also donate $10,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project. Find a location near you.
- Applebee's: Free dinners to active duty military and veterans throughout the day. The closest Applebee's is in Walpole.
- Chili's: Free Veterans Day Meal. Qualifying participants have their choice of one of six entrees. Nearby Chili's can be found in Walpole and Dedham.
- Outback Steakhouse: Free "blooming onion" appetizer on menu, and beverage. The Outback is located in in Seekonk or Norwood.
- UNO Chicago Grill: Free entrée or individual pizza with an entrée or pizza purchase of equal or greater value. One branch of UNO can be found in Dedham. Click here for other nearby locations.
- : More than 25,000 Hugo canes will be given away to veterans in need of mobility assistance. Membership is not required, and supplies are limited.
- Subway – Donate $111,112 to Wounded Warrior Project. SUBWAY restaurants have joined a national-level partnership with Wounded Warrior Project and is donating $111,112 to help veterans. More details here.
- Texas Roadhouse – free lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required. Texas Roadhouse can be found in Walpole. Find other locations.
- T.G.I. Friday’s – Free Lunch, Monday Nov. 12, 2012. Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID. More details on TGIFridays.com, where you can find the nearest location to you.
- 7-Eleven – Free small Slurpee on Sunday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7–Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans.
THE DISH: more Secret Discounts!
- Check out the Facebook pages and Twitter sites for your favorite providers. In 2010, vendors like Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and many other online retailers offered special one day only discounts off their most popular products for Veteran's Day. Check out their websites and fan sites (Twitter and Facebook) bright and early Thursday morning for announcements of this year's deals. They don't usually announce this ahead of time so you have to log on Thursday to participate. Then log on to their websites to purchase your favorites at a discount. Some sites only give discounts to military. Some do online discounts for all and donate something to a military charity. A great tip to support your troops!
Remember, the whole point of Veterans Day to thank and remember our troops and November is Military Family Month. Thank you to our troops and their families for your service, and thanks to all of the local businesses and Newport County Chamber of Commerce for supporting our troops and their families!