- Today: A chance of snow, mainly after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight: Snow likely before midnight, then snow with areas of blowing snow between midnight and 3am, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 3am. Low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -3. North wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Meet the Finalists for the Town Manager Position
Note - Tonight's selectmen meeting has been moved to Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
The finalists for the town manager position are expected to be presented to the selectmen tonight at 8:30 p.m. at the Foxboro High School media center.
Also scheduled for tonight's meeting is a vote on approving Gary Whitehouse as a member of the Planning Board, lease options for Town Hall, and a look at the senior tax plan.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m.
Election Season Almost Here
Today is the first day that residents can pull nomination papers to run for office. Potential candidates can get papers from the Town Clerk's office at town hall and must return them along with 50 signatures before March 17 at 5 p.m.
The 2014 town election will take place on May 5.
The following seats will be on the ballot:
- Board of Selectmen (three-year term) - This seat is currently held by Chairman Mark Sullivan who recently told the Foxboro Reporter that he intends on running for reelection.
- School committee (three-year term) - This seat is currently held by Beverley Lord.
- Planning board (two seats, both three-year terms) - Theses seats are held by Vice-Chairman Bill Grieder and John Rhoads.
- Assessor (three-year term) - This seat is currently held by Thomas Buckley.
- Board of health (three-year term) - This seat is currently held by Vice-Chairman Paul W. Steeves.
- Water and sewer commissioner (Three-year term) This seat is currently held by Richard Pacella.
- Boyden Library Trustees (two seats, both three-year terms) - These seats are currently held by Thomas Magee and Kevin Penders.
- Housing authority (five-year term) - This seat is currently held by Candace Loewen.