Unemployment Down in Foxborough for February
The town of Foxborough saw its unemployment rate go down last month.
The unemployment rate fell in Foxborough in February, according to data released last week by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development.
Foxborough's unemployment rate fell a bit from January (6.8 percent) to February (6.7 percent), while both were below last year's 7.2 percent rate.
Statewide, the unemployment rate was unchanged for the month.
The unemployment rates for area towns follow:
- Dover's unemployment rate went up slightly, from 4.2 percent in January to 4.3 percent last month. Last February's rate was 4.5 percent.
- Easton saw its unemployment rate fall from 6.6 percent in January to 6.2 percent last month. Last year, the rate was 7.4 percent.
- Foxborough's unemployment rate fell a bit from January (6.8 percent) to February (6.7 percent), while both were below last year's 7.2 percent rate.
- Mansfield saw its rate dip a bit, from 6.7 percent in January to 6.4 percent last month. Last February's rate was 7.3 percent.
- Medfield had little change in its rate, declining from 5.6 percent to 5.5 percent last month. The rate last year was 5.6 percent.
- Norfolk had its rate increase slightly, from 6.3 percent in January to 6.5 percent in February. Last February's rate was 7.1 percent.
- Norton saw something of a drop in its rate, as it went from 8.3 percent in January to 7.7 percent last month. Last year's rate was 8.5 percent.
- Norwood's rate was up to 6.2 percent in February from January's 6 percent. The rate in February 2011 was 6.7 percent.
- Plainville saw a jump in its unemployment rate, from 9 percent in January to 9.3 percent last month. The rate last February was 9.5 percent.
- Wrentham's unemployment rate increased from 6.7 in January to 7.1 percent last month. The rate in February 2011 was 7.5 percent.
- Sharon's unemployment rate dropped .6 percentage points, from 5.7 percent in January to 5.1 percent in February. Last February's rate was 5.7 percent.
- Stoughton's rate fell just a bit in February, from 6.9 percent in January to 6.8 percent last month. The rate in Feburary 2011 was 7.3 percent.