State Says Unemployment Figure Slightly Down in November
November's overall unemployment for Metro South/West was 4.4 percent. Foxborough's unemployment percentage was at 4.9 in November.
In November, the state's overall unemployment percentage in the Metro South/West area was 4.4, according to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development report.
The report also said rates were down in 11 areas, four areas were unchanged and seven areas were up.
Here's a roundup of unemployments rates in the area:
- Foxborough 4.9 (employed 9,010, unemployed 469)
- Canton 5.2 (employed 10,983, unemployed 608)
- Dedham 5.2 (employed 12,410, unemployed 676)
- Norwood 5.0 (employed 15,123, unemployed 795)
- Sharon 4.4 (employed 9,445, unemployed 414)
- Walpole 5.0 (employed 12,191, unemployed 647)
- Wrentham 5.1 (employed 5,472, unemployed 297)
The office also reported statewide the seasonally unadjusted unemployment rate was 6.1 percent in November, down 0.1 percent.
Over the year, the Massachusetts' unadjusted rate was down 0.3 of a percentage point from the November 2011 unadjusted rate of 6.4 percent.
According to Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, the numbers are based on statistical methodologies specified by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Visit www.mass.gov/lmi for detailed labor statistics.