Selectmen Agenda: Town Counsel Interviews, Sewer System Planning and BYOB at Asian Ginger
The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will meet Tuesday, July 10 at 6:45 p.m. in the Andrew A. Gala, Jr. Meeting Room of Town Hall.
The Foxborough Board of Selectmen will open Tuesday’s meeting with citizen’s input at 6:45 p.m. followed by Town Manager Kevin Paicos making an announcement about the Regional Public Safety Dispatcher Grant.
At 6:55 p.m., the Board of Selectmen is expected to begin its second round of Town Counsel interviews. At the June 26 BOS meeting, the board narrowed the field of candidates from six firms to two and agreed to invite the two firms back Tuesday for a second round of interviews. The firm Gelerman and Cabral will interview at 6:55 p.m. followed by the firm of Blatman, Bobrowski and Mead at roughly 7:25 p.m. The board said at its June 26 meeting that it hopes to choose a candidate at Tuesday’s meeting to enter into negotiations with for the position.
After the Town Counsel interviews, the board is expected to meet with the Water and Sewer Commission at 8 p.m. to discuss the town’s sewer system long term planning.
At 8:10 p.m., Board of Selectmen chair James DeVellis will provide the chairman’s updates.
At 8:30 p.m., the selectmen will and the Foxborough School Committee will meet to conduct School Committee member appointment interviews to fill a vacant seat on the committee. There will be five candidates interviewed for the seat between 8:30 and 9:10 p.m. At 9:20 p.m., the Board of Selectmen is expected to enter into executive session to discuss employee health insurance initiative and non-union negotiation.
The Board of Selectmen is expected to take action on the following items:
- Vote to approve the June 19 BOS meeting minutes
- Review Asian Ginger’s Xue Mei Chen’s request for temporary permission to allow restaurant customers to bring their own alcoholic beverage (BYOB) into Asian Ginger to drink with their meals
- Review Boyden Library Director Jerry Cirillo’s request to accept the following donations to the Library Gift Fund: Donation of $250 from Foxborough Cable Access to renew the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum pass; Donation of $250 from the Foxborough Jaycees to renew the pass to the Children’s Museum in Easton
- Review River Community Church Pastor Michael Bave’s request and invitation to the selectmen to offer a brief welcome and open the international celebration called “Who’s My Neighbor” to be held on The Common on July 21
- Board of Selectmen is expected to vote on the following committee appointments Tuesday:
- Paul Dumas to the Norfolk County Advisory Board for a 1-year term expiring on Aug. 1, 2013
- Arlene Marie Crimmins to the Foxborough Historical Commission to a 3-year term expiring on May 1, 2015
- Jennifer Savikis as an Associate Member of the Foxborough Historical Commission to a 3-year term expiring on May 1, 2015
Foxborough Board of Selectmen meetings are broadcast live on Foxborough Cable Access.