Sometimes, all I want is a simple dinner that will make lots of leftovers for lunch the next couple of days (or feed a bunch of people). Baked ziti is the perfect answer to that dilemma, and is delicious at the same time. I love the added pepperoni on top; it adds a whole new dimension of flavor.
- ½ lb. ziti or other tube pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked through
- Pasta sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Combine pasta, beef and sauce in 8”x8”x2” casserole dish. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Top with cheese. (I usually use about half a bag to coat the entire top of the dish.)
- Layer with pepperoni.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melty and pepperoni a slightly crisp.
(I sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese on top before putting it in the oven.)
If you have a recipe you'd like to share, start a blog by clicking here!