Home Sales Increase In Foxborough
Foxborough saw 2010 home sales increase.
For 2010, Foxborough saw sales increase from 94 to 117.
According to data compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, home sales in town increased sharply from three to 10.
Statewide, sales dropped 0.73 percent, from 41,583 in 2009 to 41, 279 home sales last year.
Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement that the year ended on a good note.
"December was a remarkable month for home sales in Massachusetts," he said in a statement. "In addition to sales rising almost seven percent from the prior December, home sales were up almost 25 percent from November."
"It's rare to see an increase in sales in December — this is the best December we've had since 2006," he added.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover's home sales fell from 10 to four for the month of December, but are up from 37 to 57 for 2010.
- Easton's home sales increased slightly in December, from nine to 10, and have jumped from 150 to 170 in 2010.
- Mansfield's home sales jumped from six to 20 for the month of December, and went up, from 122 to 135 for the year.
- Medfield's December home sales went up, from six to 10, and increased in 2010, from 120 to 132.
- Norfolk's December home sales declined sharply, from 11 to three. For the year, the town's home sales were down, from 93 to 86.
- Norton saw its home sales drop from 10 to eight in November, and year-to-date sales fell from 128 to 108.
- Norwood saw its home sales jump from 3 in December 2009 to 13 in December 2010. For the year, sales went down slightly, from 131 to 121.
- Plainville's home sales fell from seven to one in December, and went down, 51 to 50, for the year.
- Sharon's December home sales dropped from 17 to 13 in December. For the year, sales fell nearly 14 percent, from 189 to 163.
- Stoughton home sales increased slightly in December, from 18 to 21. Sales for 2010 were down just under 16 percent, from 203 to 171.