FRCS Warns Parents Not to Drop Off/Pick Up Children Along Route 140
Police have taken notice of this behavior and will take action directly with families who continue to misuse private property when picking up or dropping off Foxborough Regional Charter School students.
Editor's note: Information compiled from Foxborough Regional Charter School's website.
Citing an ongoing issue with parents dropping off and/or picking up students along Route 140, Foxborough Regional Charter School has issued the following warning:
“Do not drop your children off or pick them up at the Mobil Station, across the street in the office complex or anywhere along Route 140,” the FRCS message read. “Not only is this a safety hazard for your children but the police have taken notice and will take action directly with families who continue to misuse private property.”
To help address the issue, FRCS has offered ways to alleviate traffic and minimize parents’ time on campus when dropping off or picking up their children.
Important Drop Off Procedure Information:
- Drop off children before 7:15 a.m. FRCS’ morning extended day program opens at 7 a.m. and is free of charge. This will spread out the cars entering campus.
- Form a carpool with other families to minimize the number of cars entering campus.
- Only drop off in one location. Empty your car out regardless of grade level. If you drop off near the K/1 wing, and have middle/high school students in your car, drop them off there as well.
- If the curb by the K/1 wing is full, continue around and drop in the drop off lane near the South wing. There is no double-parking allowed.
Important Pick Up Procedure Information:
The afternoon dismissal procedure is staggered for the safe and effective dismissal of FRCS’ 1,200-plus students. All students must be picked up at their designated dismissal time. Any students not picked up on time will be assigned to Extended Day and charged the daily fee of $15 per child.
General Traffic, Safety and Parking Lot Procedures and Information:
Review the new procedures for dropping off and picking up students by clicking the following link: 2012-2013 Drop Off and Pick Up Parking Lot Procedures.
- No double-parking is allowed.
- Parents should arrive at the appropriate drop-off and pick-up times and park in the designated parking areas.
- School personnel will cross students safely in crosswalks in the parking lot.
- Do not summon children to your car via cell phone, as they are not safely navigating the parking lot when not in supervised crossing areas.
- There is no pick-up and/or drop-off at the Mobil station or at the business park across the street. It is unsafe for students and the pedestrian flow adds additional delays within the FRCS parking lot. Police will take action if this practice continues.
- During posted times, there is no left turn onto Route 140 when exiting the FRCS parking lot. Buses are the only exception. Be considerate of all drivers trying to exit the FRCS campus and keep the traffic flowing.
“The safety of our students, staff and visitors is our top priority, especially during our busy drop off and pick up times,” FRCS said in a statement. “Thank you to all the parents who continue to be so respectful and careful driving on our campus. We are asking for your cooperation and that you please take special care when traveling on campus. Thank you, in advance, for your continued support in protecting our entire school community.”